George Fox University announces a principal faculty position in the College of Medical Science Physician Assistant (PA) Program. The principal faculty member supports the overall development and delivery of education in the PA program.
George Fox University, a Christ-centered community, prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Professors teach all truth as God's truth, integrating all fields of learning around the person and work of Jesus Christ, bringing the divine revelations through sense, reason, and intuition to the confirming test of Scripture. As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from individuals who can help us achieve our diversity goals.
- Review and participate in revisions, as necessary, of the program mission statement
- Participate in ongoing program review and analysis
- Participate in accreditation activities
- Participate in faculty development and coordination of activities
- Participate in student recruitment and selection
- Participate in clinical site development, retention, and ongoing monitoring
General Education Duties
- Participate in the PA programs delivery of curriculum (teaching and instruction)
- Participate in the evaluation of student performance
- Provide remedial instruction when needed
- Participate in curriculum development, ongoing evaluation, and coordination of instruction
- As necessary, provide academic counseling
- If desired, participate in clinical practice, scholarly activities, or advanced education
- Additional duties as needed and assigned by the program director
- Master's degree or higher is required
- Must hold current certification in national or specialty board
- A commitment to working with a diverse population of students is essential; demonstrated experience in this area is preferred.
- All applicants must express a personal commitment to Jesus Christ and express their Christian testimony in a local church. In addition, professors agree to live in agreement with the Community Lifestyle Statement and affirm the theological commitments expressed in the Statement of Faith.
- Candidates must have legal authority to permanently work in the U.S. and be a resident of one of the following states: Oregon, Washington, California, Idaho, New York, Ohio, or Texas.
Salary and Rank
Appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor level is anticipated, though candidates with significant teaching experience at previous institutions may be considered for appointment at the rank of full Professor. Salary and benefits are competitive with comparable institutions.
Application Procedures - kindly apply only through this website
When completing the online application, please upload the following as Word or .pdf documents in the section marked Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, and Essay Requirement:
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Faith and learning essay*
Other supporting materials may be requested at a later stage of the review process.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at once. Review of applications will begin as they are received and continue until the position is filled. **This position is subject to close at any time, regardless of the date on the posting.
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
*INTEGRATION OF FAITH AND LEARNING ESSAY George Fox University is committed to the idea that one of the primary responsibilities of Christian higher education is to help students develop a uniquely Christian worldview. As teachers and mentors, it is important for George Fox University faculty members to integrate Christian faith and principles in all aspects of their lives. As an essential part of the application process, the University will carefully consider your response to the following: In a one-page essay (about 300 words) describe your personal Christian faith, as well as how your faith informs your teaching, scholarship, and service (including service and leadership in your church and/or in Christian ministries)
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://georgefoxfaculty.applicantpool.com/jobs/923425-47328.html