The Assistant Director, Learning Support Services at George Fox University is responsible for managing the Academic Resource Center, Portland Writing Center, Open Study Table, and Academic Success Program. The goal of this position is to support student learning and academic success, with a particular focus on first-generation students, students of color, students with disabilities, and high-risk students. The Assistant Director will lead, supervise, and manage all aspects of the University's learning centers, enact best practices for promoting student learning, recruit and train student staff, manage the Academic Success Program, teach a course on individual academic coaching, and market the services and resources offered by the centers.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a Christian commitment and lifestyle consistent with the University's mission. A Master's degree, preferably in a field related to writing, learning, or student success is strongly preferred. A minimum of three years of experience working in an educational setting, preferably within higher education is required. The candidate should have fluency with writing instruction theories and practice, preferably with experience teaching college writing, and experience in a college learning center, writing center, or other tutoring environment.
The Assistant Director should possess strong administrative skills, project management skills, and interpersonal skills. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, as is the ability to work with and develop a team. The Assistant Director should be adept at working with people of diverse backgrounds, skill levels, and personalities, have high attention to detail, be receptive to constructive feedback, and possess a collaborative spirit. Additionally, the Assistant Director should be self-motivated, have integrity with work responsibilities, and be able to communicate effectively in English.
If you are passionate about supporting student learning and academic success, and have the qualifications and experience we are looking for, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity at George Fox University.
Download the attached job description for a detailed breakdown of the position.
George Fox University has been transforming student's lives for 125 years. We are a Christ-centered community that prepares students spiritually, academically, and professionally to think with clarity, act with integrity, and serve with passion. Our vision is to be the Christian university of choice known for empowering students to achieve exceptional life outcomes. We put students first, with Christ at the center of our work, embracing change in order to improve. We are looking for enthusiastic candidates to join us in creating transformational experiences for our students.
Being a part of our community means a commitment to faith and to a lifestyle that is consistent with the university's mission as described in the Statement of Faith and Community Lifestyle Statement on our website.
As a Christ-centered community, George Fox University is an institution that values diversity as an essential dimension of God's design for human communities. In seeking to become a more inclusive community, we especially encourage applications from women and candidates from racial and ethnic backgrounds that are underrepresented in our community.
What is most appealing about working at George Fox University?
- Faith-friendly: Our culture is unique for higher education. At George Fox you can pursue academic excellence while integrating scriptures, praying with staff members and students at work, and helping to make an impact on the world in a way that promotes Christian values.
- Unapologetically Christian: As a university, we have an enduring commitment to Christ, his kingdom and the truth of God's Word.
- Live out your calling: You are able to use your God-given talents and abilities while having a profound influence on students as they deepen their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Equip students for kingdom work: You can be a part of helping students discover their callings, at which they will be able to glorify the kingdom of God just as they have seen you do.
For your personal well-being we offer:
- A strong Christian vision and mission-led organization with opportunities for your growth and contributions.
- Wonderful Christian peers and a vibrant student population.
- A beautiful and peaceful campus environment with areas to walk and coffee shops and restaurants close by.
- Free Fitness Center membership.
- Free parking.
- Rich employee benefit package.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.https://georgefoxstaff.applicantpool.com/jobs/917828-47330.html