We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
CCCU GlobalEd is a collection of faith-integrated, off-campus study programs that foster intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
There is an exciting opportunity available to work with a dynamic group of forward thinking faculty at Southwest Baptist University. The Division of Education is seeking qualified candidates for a nine-month, full-time tenure-track education faculty position. Rank of the appointed faculty will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Appointment Date: August 2022
Essential Job Duties:
· Teaching responsibilities include the traditional undergraduate, potentially hybrid or online, and graduate education programs.
· Mentor and advise students.
· Coordinate functions of the Master’s in Education Administration program including delivery and budgetary oversight.
· Assist in recruiting prospective students for the undergraduate and graduate education programs.
· Recruit adjunct faculty for the Master’s program.
· Establish relationships with program stakeholders.
· Continued pursuit of professional development within discipline as it relates to the mission of SBU.
· Participate in department and university committees as well as support other university functions.
· Scholarship within discipline strongly encouraged.
· Ph.D. or Ed.D. in education or closely related field. Specialist degree in Education considered.
· Previous teaching experience within a graduate program preferred.
· Demonstrate an Evangelical Christian faith compatible with SBU's mission. Preference will be given to Southern Baptists.
· Embrace and promote the mission of SBU.
· Strong desire to pursue excellence in teaching and mentoring students.
Southwest Baptist University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers courses leading both to undergraduate and graduate degrees. Approximately 1,250 undergraduate on-campus students may choose from more than 80 programs of study as they pursue a liberal arts-based, career-oriented education. In addition, nearly 650 students are enrolled in graduate programs at SBU, of which around 350 are in graduate education programs. The campus is located in the city of Bolivar, a population of just over 10,000 that is located 23 miles north of Springfield, Missouri. The Division of Education as well as the College of Professional Programs supports faculty development in teaching as well as the pursuit of scholarly activities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please visit http://www.sbuniv.edu/about/employment.php to complete an online application and upload a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, statement of educational philosophy and unofficial transcripts.