We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
· Teaching focus to include ceramics and/or sculpture, and other art courses according to expertise
· Advisement of students
· Serve on university and departmental committees
· Other responsibilities appropriate for a university faculty member
· M.F.A.; Ph.D. will be considered
· Commitment to the university’s evangelical Christian mission and the integration of faith and art
· Commitment to undergraduate education
· Previous college teaching experience is desirable
· Capacity to examine diverse perspectives with academic rigor, while respecting the university’s statement of faith (Baptist Faith and Message 2000) and refraining from the promotion of contrary positions
RANK AND SALARY
Assistant Professor, tenure-track position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants should access the online application https://www.sbuniv.edu/about/employment.php and upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and complete transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for the application process and official copies will be requested later as needed. The deadline for all materials to be submitted is October 15, 2021.
Southwest Baptist University offers liberal arts and professional degrees and is affiliated with the Missouri Baptist Convention. Master's degrees are offered in business, Christian ministry, education and in nursing; and doctoral degrees are offered in physical therapy and in education. SBU is located in Bolivar, Missouri, a town of 11,000 population in southwest Missouri, 25 miles north of Springfield. The Area of Art employs three full-time faculty members and three part-time faculty members; offers degrees in art, commercial art, and art education; and currently serves approximately 35 majors.