We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
Higher Ed Administrative Careers - Development/Fundraising, Higher Ed Administrative Careers - Other
4 Year Degree
The Major Gifts Officer (MGO) is a member of the Advancement Team and is responsible for securing financial resources for William Jessup University. The primary focus is meeting and working with donors and prospects with significant giving capacity to accomplish their giving objectives in the form of leadership, major and planned gifts. The Major Gift Officer will engage in and be responsible for all aspects of the donor development cycle including donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgment, church partnership and stewardship. This income-generating position reports directly to the Senior Director of Advancement, Strategic Giving under the strategic vision of the VP Resources, in collaboration with the internal stakeholders, Senior Director of University Advancement, Operations, Director of Church Relations and University President. Position requires ability to travel and occasionally includes evening and weekend responsibilities to be successful.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Identify major gift prospects. Analyze and predict donors’ propensity, capacity and enthusiasm to give. Gather pertinent data alongside the Advancement Services team and prospect researchers to determine the best candidates for the major gifts program.
2. Cultivate major gift prospects, investing the necessary time and energy to build relationships designed to understand the donors’/prospects’ goals with the expressed purpose of alignment with University mission and objectives. Solicit major gift prospects. Move prospective major donors along the donor pipeline preparing them to receive an appropriate ask based upon donor intent and interest.
3. Stewardship of major gift donors. Develop stewardship strategies that continue the major gift relationship for future gifts and planned giving opportunities.
4. Manage a portfolio of prospects and major gift donors in our primary (Northern California) and secondary (Bay Area & Central Valley) territories who fit the strategic university advancement priorities, thereby adding significant capacity in the areas of: The Jessup Fund, Jessup Athletics, Church Partners, Planned Giving, Endowment and other capital and programmatic priorities.
5. Continually update and correct database records for individuals, organizations and churches.
6. Execute and report on quarterly/annual fundraising plans, donor solicitations identification, cultivation, campaigns (capital and annual) and stewardship efforts.
7. Work collaboratively, under the direction of the Senior Director of Advancement and collaborate with the Director of Church Relations, Athletic Director, University President and staff at the Rocklin campus to accomplish individual, team and university funding goals.
8. Work collaboratively with other Advancement officers. Offer strategic prospect counsel to the President, VP Resources, and other Advancement staff who are managing other prospects. Be a resource for the Advancement team in the areas of strategy, fundraising information and tools, and networking.
9. Track prospects and donor contacts in a portfolio using SalesForce. Ensure that all donor information entry, storage and special requests are recorded and accomplished. Revised 3/18/2021
10. Work toward annual fundraising (annual and capital) goals and operating campaigns.
11. Works collaboratively with the University Advancement Team to compose letters, compile appropriate invitation lists, secure sponsors, participate in events and engage featured program participants.
12. Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate empathetic disposition, and perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and convey sensitivity to needs of the donors.
13. Demonstrate William Jessup University values in performance of all duties.
14. Perform other duties as assigned.
Apply for the position here: https://jessup.edu/employment/#1623795806985-ec56823b-d6f0
About William Jessup University
William Jessup University, a quality Christian University, is located in Rocklin, CA, at the base of the Sierra Foothills in Placer County and one of the fastest growing campuses in California. William Jessup University has experienced record enrollment and offers students academic excellence and rich learning communities at a state-of-the-art, award winning campus.
Founded in 1939 by William Jessup, the University moved to Rocklin, California, in August 2004. Jessup is a WSCUC-accredited private four-year university, located in the greater Sacramento area, offering degrees in many different disciplines, including Bible & Theology, Biology, Business, BS Business Administration (Online), Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Education/Liberal Studies, English, Environmental Science, Family & Children’s Ministry, History, Intercultural Studies, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Music, Pastoral Ministry, Psychology, Public Policy, Theater, Visual Arts and Youth Ministry. Jessup also has WASC-accredited master's programs: a Master's in Arts in Teaching, an online Master's in Leadership an MBA, MAEd and MA Psych (Counseling). Single-subject English and Math are also offered. Jessup also of...fers a School of Professional Studies (SPS) at its campuses in Rocklin and San Jose, with program concentrations in Business Administration, Christian Leadership and Counseling Psychology. For more information, please visit www.jessup.edu.