We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
Faculty Careers - Other, Faculty Careers - Social Work
Southwest Baptist University invites applications for a ten-month, faculty position as the Program Director in the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) program. The candidate selected will be responsible for the administrative oversight of the BSW program. This position also has the responsibility of teaching 9 hours of social work courses per semester. Rank will be contingent on the qualifications of the candidate. Candidates may be eligible for tenure track. Primary responsibilities include: program and curriculum development, program assessment, student recruitment and advising, course scheduling, accreditation management, and university service. Candidates must be Evangelical Christians and active church members who have a commitment to Christian higher education. Responsibilities will begin in August 2021.
Southwest Baptist University, accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, offers courses leading both to undergraduate and graduate degrees. Approximately 1,286 on-campus students may choose from 80 programs of study as they pursue a liberal arts-based, career-oriented education. The campus is located in the city of Bolivar, a community of 10,000 located 23 miles north of Springfield, Missouri.
· A Master’s Degree in Social Work from a CSWE-accredited program, with a minimum of two years post-MSW social work practice experience
· Commitment to excellence in teaching, scholarship, advising, and mentoring students
· Advanced interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong administrative and organizational skills
· Ability to work effectively as a team member in the Behavioral Sciences department with majors in social work, psychology, and criminal justice
· Commitment to Southwest Baptist University’s values and principles
· Knowledge and/or experience with the CSWE reaffirmation process and assessment
· Experience teaching in a CSWE accredited social work program
· Current Missouri LMSW, LCSW, or licensed-eligible is desirable
· Member of a Baptist church or other evangelical Christian church
Please go to https://www.sbuniv.edu/about/employment.php to access the application and upload application materials listed below. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Review/screening of applications will begin immediately. Calls may be made to other persons who may have information about the applicant.
Applications must include:
Letter of intent
Transcripts of all undergraduate and graduate courses
Statement of educational philosophy
Personal statement of faith and
Three letters of reference (may be sent confidentially to email@example.com)