We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
REPORTS TO: Chair for the Division of Social Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences
Southern Wesleyan University, a university within the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition, located in the beautiful upstate of South Carolina, invites applications for faculty positions within the nascent but rapidly growing MSc in Counseling Psychology program.
We invite interested individuals to apply for the position of Full-Time Faculty & Graduate Internships Coordinator. The university seeks to increase the number of women and minorities within its faculty. Minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The position is intended to begin July,1, 2021.
The entry level rank of this full-time faculty position will be assistant or associate professor, within the MS Counseling Psychology program, will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications and experience. The selected individual will have primary responsibility for coordinating graduate internships/practica within the MS Counseling Psychology program.
1. Coordinate practica/internships for the MS Counseling Psychology program.
2. Direct supervision of graduate practicum and internship students.
credit-hour courses during the Fall, Spring, and Summer semesters, including course load reductions for internship coordination/clinical supervision.
4. Engage in program and curriculum development, student learning outcomes assessment, student recruitment, and advising in the counseling psychology program.
5. Demonstrate servant-leadership by engaging in service activities within the university and the larger community.
6. Serve on university committees and be actively engaged with the university community.
1. A Ph.D. in an appropriate field (e.g., Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Counselor Education) is preferred.
2. Graduate counseling student supervision experience is essential.
3. Experience in or a desire to integrate Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the academic discipline is essential.
4. Eligibility for licensure in the state of South Carolina is preferred.
5. Research experience related to counseling or experience in the implementation of evidence-based practices in counseling is preferred.
6. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. Applicants should be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications.
1. Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the
Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission,
all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan
heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations.
2. Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background
Internal Number: 278
About Southern Wesleyan University
Southern Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant-leaders who impact the world for Christ. SWU provides quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.
University Core Values-
Christ Centered: Purpose, Scholarship, Community, Transformation
•Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
•Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
•Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
•Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
We believe that every individual has a God given purpose, brought to fruition by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit and the challenge of scholarship. As we participate in a consecrated community of learners we are continuously transformed into the image of Christ both individually and corporately.