We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
Southern Wesleyan University’s College of Arts and Sciences invites applications for a Visiting Assistant Professor of Exercise Science. This is a temporary 9-month non-tenure-track position in Exercise Science within the Science Division to begin August, 2021 and ending in May, 2022 with possibility of renewal.
This position is located on campus in Central, SC. The entry level rank of the candidate will be determined by terminal degree, qualifications, and experience. The university is actively seeking to increase the number of women and minorities within its faculty.
1. Teach and develop classes in the Exercise Science program. Courses may include Kinesiology,
Exercise Physiology, Biomechanics, Motor Learning, Nutrition, Sociology and Sport Psychology,
Organization and Administration of Exercise-Related Professions, or Exercise Science Internship
supervision. SWU faculty carry a 12 credit hour/semester load.
2. Program development, student learning outcomes assessment, student recruitment, and advising
in the BS in Exercise Science program.
3. Demonstrate servant-leadership by engaging in service activities within the university and the
4. Serve on university committees and be actively engaged with the university community.
1. A master’s degree in Exercise Science or a related field is required; a Ph.D. in Exercise Science or a related field is preferred.
2. Experience in or a desire to integrate Christian faith with the teaching and practice of the academic discipline is essential.
3. Experience/interest in Athletic Training, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, or another area complementary to SWU’s present curriculum preferred.
4. Experience in academic program coordination or potential for implementation and leadership of an academic program(s) preferred.
5. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications, including all Microsoft Office 365 applications.
1. Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU.
2. Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion of a criminal background screening.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Applicants should be prepared to provide written responses, as follows:
Personal Christian testimony
Personal ministry, church involvement or spiritual growth
Approach to teaching
Integration of faith and learning in your teaching
In addition to completion of the online application, be prepared to provide the following digital documents:
Letters of reference (2 professional)
About Southern Wesleyan University
Southern Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant-leaders who impact the world for Christ. SWU provides quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.
University Core Values-
Christ Centered: Purpose, Scholarship, Community, Transformation
•Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
•Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
•Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
•Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
We believe that every individual has a God given purpose, brought to fruition by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit and the challenge of scholarship. As we participate in a consecrated community of learners we are continuously transformed into the image of Christ both individually and corporately.