We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
CLASSIFICATION Full-time, tenure-track faculty; 10-month position
Assistant Professor (salary is commensurate with education/experience)
REPORTS TO Dean of the School of Education
Located in the upstate region of South Carolina, Southern Wesleyan University (SWU) is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant leaders who impact the world for Christ. Along with a vibrant, traditional undergraduate on-campus program, SWU offers online programs of study for both undergraduate and graduate degrees. Southern Wesleyan University’s School of Education invites applications for an Assistant Professor-level, tenure-track position in Elementary or Special Education (10-month position). This position, which will begin fall 2021, is located at SWU’s main campus in Central, South Carolina. The university is actively seeking to increase the number of women and minorities within its faculty.
1. Teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level, face-to-face, and online. SWU’s
Elementary/Special Education undergraduate degree program allows for certification of teacher
candidates in grades PreK-2 in the areas of Special Education and Elementary Education.
2. Program development and student recruitment and preparation of National Recognition
3. Scholarship in the discipline through active research and/or publishing in journals.
4. Servant-leadership through engagement in service activities within the university and the larger
1. Academic. Applicants must hold a Master degree (Masters required; Ph.D. preferred) in Special or Elementary Education or a closely related field and have experience in public K-12 education; current K-12 certification is desirable. The candidate should be broadly trained and capable of teaching in these certification programs.
2. Mission and Lifestyle Expectations. The university is a Christian liberal arts institution in the Wesleyan-Holiness theological tradition. In light of SWU’s unapologetically Christ-centered mission, all employees are expected to embrace the university’s Statement of Faith, respect its Wesleyan heritage, and adhere to its lifestyle expectations. To view the university’s profile, visit About SWU.
3. Technology. SWU is committed to maximizing the use of technology in its daily operations and in achieving its strategic goals. The ideal candidate will be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology within the academic environment including distance learning and learning management systems, web-based programs, and PC applications, including all Microsoft Office applications.
4. Pre-employment Screening. Employment is contingent on the completion a criminal background screening.
BEFORE YOU APPLY
Applicants should be prepared to provide written responses, as follows:
Personal Christian testimony
Personal ministry, church involvement or spiritual growth
Approach to teaching
Integration of faith and learning in your teaching
In addition to completion of the online application, be prepared to provide the following digital documents:
Letters of reference (2 professional)
About Southern Wesleyan University
Southern Wesleyan University is a Christ-centered, student-focused learning community devoted to transforming lives by challenging students to be dedicated scholars and servant-leaders who impact the world for Christ. SWU provides quality undergraduate and graduate programs in a distinctively Christian environment that fosters the integration of faith, learning, and living. Candidates for employment must support the Christian mission of the university and give evidence of successful professional experience, mature faith, and consistent Christian lifestyle.
University Core Values-
Christ Centered: Purpose, Scholarship, Community, Transformation
•Purpose: A specific calling for a unique role in our world.
•Scholarship: Academic excellence in an innovative faith-centered environment.
•Community: Belonging to a connected and compassionate body of learners.
•Transformation: Christ’s redemptive work in individual and corporate life.
We believe that every individual has a God given purpose, brought to fruition by the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit and the challenge of scholarship. As we participate in a consecrated community of learners we are continuously transformed into the image of Christ both individually and corporately.