We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
SUMMARY: The Advisor for Shepherds College (SC) will promote student growth towards Appropriate Independence™, facilitate academic progress, advocate for student needs, develop goals and supports in order to promote student achievement, and instruct as assigned.
Full Time, 1st shift Weekdays; On-call responsibilities for medical and behavioral emergencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include the following: other duties may be assigned):
- Provide academic advisement, personal and professional guidance, and career counseling for an assigned group of students through regular individual meetings and personal connections
- Act as the primary liaison and point of first contact between parents of advisees and Shepherds College
- Interact with instructors regarding the academic goals of individual students
- Collaborate with parents in an effort to promote student success
- Understand the medical needs of students; work with nursing to ensure those needs are met
- Communicate with community professionals regarding medical and psychological health needs
- Maintain a file for each student
- Update student profiles for advisees
- Manage behavioral issues among students and help implement behavior plans as needed, communicating regularly with academic and student life staff regarding behavioral concerns
- Complete required documentation, assessments, and communication
- Assist students with finances, personal care, and health management
- Fulfill classroom/instructional responsibilities, as assigned
- Evaluate and assess prospective students
- Contribute to continuous improvement
- Attend faculty/staff meetings as assigned
- Work effectively with team members
- Maintain positive and supportive relationships with students and their families
- Treat students, staff, and parents with respect and dignity
- Communicate in a courteous and professional manner
- Actively participate in trainings and meetings
- Consistently demonstrate Christ-likeness in actions and words
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Full alignment with the Shepherds College Mission Statement and Statement of Faith
- Must have experience working with individuals with intellectual disabilities
- Must have a commitment to student learning and development
- Must be an effective communicator, including verbal and written communication
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Must possess a high-level of professionalism, including the ability to maintain confidentiality
Job Type: Full-time
About Shepherds College
Shepherds College is the country's leading three-year post-secondary educational program for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities. We are a faith-based non-for-profit organization and we have a passion for helping our students be successful and sharing the love of Jesus Christ. Our students come from all around the globe and we are growing every year, with 2019 - 2020 being our largest incoming group of 38 freshman and a total enrollment of 90 students! Shepherds College exists to educate and train students with intellectual disabilities by equipping them to reach Appropriate Independence™ through the development of vocational, social and life skills while inspiring a lasting awareness of God’s plan for their lives.