We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
We’re seeking someone to provide executive assistance to our President and CEO. Great leaders make organizations thrive, but not without the right support. Working one-on one and reporting directly to the President, the Executive Assistant serves as gatekeeper, liaison, and barometer to the President. The Executive Assistant is the point of contact on all matters of the Office of the President. This role should jump out to you if you are creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community oriented. The ideal individual will boast good judgment in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication, stellar administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects—from conception to completion— and must be able to work under pressure, handling a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
WHO WE ARE
Cardus is a non-partisan, public policy think tank and registered charity dedicated to promoting a flourishing society through independent research, robust public dialogue, and thought-provoking commentary. Drawing on 2,000 years of Christian social thought, we seek to renew North American social architecture through credible public research into big questions that require strategic collaboration to address human need. We have research programs and initiatives in the following areas: Education, Family, Law and Religious Freedom, Social Cities, Social Isolation, and Work and Economics. Cardus also publishes Comment Magazine and Convivium. To learn more about us, visit our website, follow us on Twitter, and check us out on Facebook.
RESPONSIBILITIES – POSITION EMPHASIS
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments and high volume of email; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence (sometimes confidential); arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; tracking calls, emails, contacts, and passwords; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Serve as the gatekeeper. Plan, coordinate, and ensure the President’s schedule is followed and respected. You will create win-win situations for direct access to the President’s time and office.
• Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the President, including those that are sensitive or confidential. Determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management staff.
• Act as a barometer. Work closely and effectively with the President to keep him/ her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. You will provide a sense for any issues taking place in the environment and keep the President updated.
• Build relationships crucial to the success of the organization. We’d love to hear about experience you have taking leadership in this area.
• Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters quickly, proactively, and follow through on projects to successful completion. You will often work with deadline pressures, and often be on-call for urgent issues.
• Coordinate performance evaluations for staff who report to the President.
• Coordinate with Corporate Secretary on matters related to Board of Directors’ meetings, agendas, and reporting.
EXECUTIVE TEAM LIAISON
• Assist clerk of the executive team in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all-staff meetings.
• Facilitate cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
COMMUNICATIONS, PARTNERSHIPS, AND OUTREACH
• Keep the President’s bio updated and respond to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general.
• Follow up on contacts made by the President and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
• Communicate directly, and on behalf of the President, with Board members, donors, Foundation staff, and others.
• Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization.
• Leverage the President’s social media accounts such as LinkedIn.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
• The candidate will be able to demonstrate deep commitment to the mission and vision of Cardus.
• Strong organizational skills. We want to hear about your ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with keen attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships. You will be critical to thriving relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors.
• Expert written and verbal communication skills.
• Proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
• Emotional maturity and an even temperament.
• Highly resourceful team player, who can also work effectively independently.
• Demonstrated ability to handle confidential information with discretion. We’re also looking for skill in adapting to various competing demands, as well as the highest level of customer/client service and response.
• The role often demands that high performance goals and deadlines be met in a fast-paced environment. We want to hear how you would not only excel at this—but thrive.
• Forward looking thinker. You actively seek opportunities and propose solutions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Strong work tenure: several years’ administrative experience; supporting C-Suite Executives an asset.
• Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and social media platforms.
HOW TO APPLY Apply online here. Please reference the following in your cover letter (required):
• Your interest and alignment with Cardus’s mission,
• Your experience, if any, interacting with high net worth individuals, and
• Your experience, if any, managing complex schedules on behalf of others. No emails or telephone calls accepted. We will review applications as they are received. Job posted until filled. We look forward to hearing from you.
Cardus is a non-partisan, faith-based think tank and registered charity dedicated to promoting a flourishing society through independent research, robust public dialogue, and thought-provoking commentary.