We are a global higher education association dedicated to advancing faith and intellect for the common good.
As a member service, our institutions have a dedicated partner in the CCCU on the hill. We advocate on behalf of our institutions as if they have a seat at the table.
The CCCU offers faith-integrated, off-campus study programs in nine locations across the U.S. and around the world that foster studentsâ€™ intellectual, cultural, vocational, and spiritual growth.
More than just a job-finding service, the CCCU Career Center links passionate people to meaningful careers with faith-based employers, in faith-related positions, and in all sectors of higher education.
We organize numerous conferences that provide leaders on our campuses with important faith-centered professional development in their respective fields.
To fulfill our mission and meet the needs of our members, we provide unique services for administration, faculty, students, and friends of Christian higher education.
News & Publications
Stay up-to-date with the latest news from the CCCU and read articles from our most recent issue of Advance Magazine.
CCCU institutions are located around the world. Though they are diverse in size, scope, and mission, they are each committed to faith-integrated higher education.
Cultivate honest Christian leaders who can transform the world with the spirit of love, humility and service, and glory of God.
Raise honest global leaders who serve communities, nations, and the world, especially developing countries, through their professional skills and personal ethics.
Train honest and competent intellectuals who re-establish the true purpose of education in various academic fields with a Christian world-view, and restore Biblical creationism and impaired morality. (Isaiah 58:12)
2. Available Positions Department
The number to be admitted
Management & Econmics
School of Spatial Environment System Engineering
Architectural design and architectural planning, complex planning
School of Mechanical and Control Engineering
Electronic Control Engineering
All fields of electronic control
School of Contents Convergence Design
Visual Communication Design
Brand and visual service design
Product Interaction Design,
School of Life Science
School of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
Big data, artificial intelligence, virtual / augmented reality (including graphics) and IoT, computer security / network / system
Circuit / Semiconductor Design, Communication / Signal Processing, Embedded
Graduate School of Global Development & Entrepreneurship
International Development Cooperation
International Development Cooperation
Global Leadership School
ICT Convergence basics
All areas of programming languages and computer applications
International Studies, Languages & Literature
Graduate School of Counselling
A certificate holder
(Korean Counseling Association or Korean Counseling Psychological Association)
Graduate School of Education
Curriculum / Method of Education
3. Qualification for applicant
A. Tenure / Non Tenure Track
1) Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree or is expected to acquire a Ph.D. degree by the date of appointment (September 1st, 2019 or March 1st, 2020), and have no other disqualifying factors for appointment. Hiring will be revoked if those who are expected to acquire Ph.D. accepted before date of employment do not acquire until date of employment.
? In the case of the School of Contents Convergence Design, you are able to apply if you have more than 5 years of experience in any field of education or business after earning your master's degree, even if you do not meet the requirements above.
2) By the application deadline standard, applicant who is registered in the National Research Foundation of Korea and has the Research record above 200% in the past 3 years (May 17th, 2016.? May 16th, 2019). However, by the application deadline standard, applicant who get a doctorate in recent 6 months can apply with the research record above 100%.
?In the case of Computer Science of the School of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering, the thesis(paper) published in the international conference after examination shall be accepted as 200% for the best rating, 150% for excellent rating, and 100% for others based on the list of top academic conferences by the Institute of Information Scientists and Engineering.
? In the case of Global Development & Entrepreneurship, the research performance standard shall be set at 300% or more of performance in recent 5 years (2015.5.17~ 2019.5.16)
? Research result standard of computation
i. National Research Foundation of Korea 1st registration 100%, Doctorate thesis 100%, Forensic Science International (SCI, SSCI, SCIE, AHCI, SCOPUS) 1st 200%
ii. Research record recognition exchange rate: solo 100%, 2 persons 70%, 3 persons 50%, 4 persons above 30%.
3) Candidates should be able to lecture in English.
B. Invited Professor (Full time)
: As a person who has qualified as an assistant professor under Article 16 of the Higher Education Act, there is no separate standard for the paper or research record.
C. Common condition
1) Applicants should be able to both view their major field of studies and teach students from a Christian perspective
2) Applicants must follow and participate in realizing the university’s vision of whole person character education and evangelical Christian faith
4. Necessary Documents
A. Step 1 : Applying first, Submit following documents.
- One Application Form (Issued by HGU) : View attached File. Click HERE
Fill out the form and submit it by e-mail. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
B. Step 2 : Selected candidates from Step 1 must only submit following documents.
1) Detail Application Form (Issued by HGU)
2) One copy of transcripts and diplomas of all degrees (Bachelor’s, Master’s and Doctorate.)
3) One copy of confirmation of working experience (for the past 4 years only.When applicant becomes a finalist, confirmation of all work experience must be submitted.)
4) One copy of license (if applicable)
? 5) ~ 8) below are for Tenure / Non Tenure Track only.
5) One copy of list of accomplishments in research activities (Title, researchers, date of presentation, publication, synopsis of paper, etc.)
6) One copy of doctoral thesis
7) One copy of research papers since May. 17th, 2016
? Five representative papers for the past 3 recent years(Doctor’s thesis can be included)
8) Two Recommendation Forms
- One Recommendation each from Major and Non-Major(Faith) recommenders
- Recommendation Form(Issued by HGU) : We will send the file to applicants who pass the Step 1.
- A recommender should fill out the recommendation form and submit it by e-mail(email@example.com) or mail directly.
- When a recommender sends it by e-mail, the title should be like this, “Recommendation_ the name of Applicant”. (Ex. If the name of applicant is “Michael Jordan”, the title of e-mail should be “Recommendation_ Michael Jordan”)
5. Application Procedures
A. Application Period: April 23th (Tue), 2019 – May 16th (Thu), 2019 5:00pm
B. Submission Method: Can be e-mailed
C. E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
D. Selection Process (Refer to HGU Homepage for detailed screening procedures and criteria)
1) Step 1: Document screening (Applicants will be notified of the result via e-mail or phone)
2) Step 2: Basic and advanced screening (This step is applied only to those who pass step 1.Applicants will be notified of the result via e-mail or phone)
3) Step 3: Interview (This step is applied only to those who pass Step 2. Applicants will be notified of the result via e-mail or phone)
4) Step 4: Interview with president of Handong Global University (This step is applied only to those who pass Step 3.Applicants will be notified of the result via e-mail or phone)
A. The ability to embody a Christian perspective and to teach students from this perspective should be proved in the self-introduction letter.
B. Recruitments may not be made if there are no eligible applicants
C. A finalist’s appointment can be canceled if the application form is found to be falsified.
7. For Information and Application
For further information, contact HGU’s Office of Academic Affairs.
? Address : Office of Academic Affairs, Handong Global University 558 Handong-ro, Heunghae-eup, Buk-gu, Pohang, Gyeong-buk, 37554
? Tel: (from Korea) 054-260-1074 (Official in charge: Young-kwang Kwon)