Trinity Christian College seeks a full-time Student Account Manager. The Student Account Manager leads the student accounts receivable function and staff. Coordinates financial registration activities for all student types; traditional undergraduate, degree completion, on-line and graduate. Plans, prioritizes, and organizes departmental work. Insures accurate transaction processing for and effective collection of all student accounts. Provides clear, appropriate, and timely communication to students and their parents regarding financial responsibility, account balance and transactions and year-end tax reporting. Produces timely and accurate reports.
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
1. Compliance and Documentation
Acquire and maintain working understanding of relevant College policies and procedures. Apply policies and procedures across all job duties.
Maintain process descriptions for all primary processes. Suggest changes where warranted.
2. Manages all aspects of the student accounts receivable function from billing through payment.
3. Supervises Student Accounts Receivable staff who perform the Cashier role and who carry out billing and collection activities, both in-house and third-party. Insures that each staff can competently perform all duties in the job description.
4. Provides regular daily/weekly training and guidance for the CAMS Student Accounts Billing Backup person and provides regular opportunities for them to perform duties to demonstrate their knowledge and skills. Objective is fully functional backup for all key processes.
5. Coordinates with directors or other representatives of following departments to assure proper set-up in and billing from CAMS; Registrar, Financial Aid, Student Development, Adult Studies/Graduate Studies, Admissions.
6. Communicates/publicizes policies, pricing, due dates, payment plans and payment methods in college catalog, student handbook, student portal, website and other relevant channels.
7. Manages the configuration of the billing module of CAMS and the billing process.
8. Maintains detailed billing calendars for each campus and term and executes processes accordingly.
9. Manages compliance with external and internal requirements;
Compliance with external requirements, including but not limited to;
Maintains up-to-date working knowledge of U.S. Dept. of Education requirements applicable to student accounts
Timely refund of Title IV credit balances
Compliance with internal requirements, including but not limited to;
Reconciliation of payments received for student accounts with credits to student accounts
Daily reconciliation of “cash-on-hand”
Placing/lifting “hold” re student acceptance of Student Financial Responsibility Agreement (SFRA)
Placing/lifting “hold” re student financial balance
Assess student accounts for deferred payment fees and late fees.
Implement “consequences” for highest priority past due accounts
10. Accounting related
Consults with accounting staff who maintain in CAMS the general ledger account numbers associated with Transdocs - used to journalize transaction activity.
For year-end, prepares computation and drafts journal entry for tuition revenue that must be deferred or not recognized
11. Manages all aspects of collections process, both in-house and third-party.
Personally handle “higher level” and more sensitive or complex collections issues
Manages timely execution of in house collections, and forwarding to third party.
Manages the accounts placed with collection agencies and loan servicers.
Prepares aging schedule monthly for student accounts receivable
12. Reporting: regularly prepares a variety of reports on a timely basis, including but not limited to;
Students with past due balances, custom payment plans, consequences, etc.
13. Supervisory Responsibilities
Supervises assigned staff in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training direct reports; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Ensures that direct reports are cross-trained; coordinates work load and office coverage, leave requests.
14. Other duties:
Strives to automate work and streamline processes wherever possible.
Prepares work-papers and fulfills information requests for annual financial audit.
Keeps supervisor informed, preferably in advance, about issues anticipated/encountered, and status of work.
Other duties as assigned.
Though not required, a Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university is a preferred. Alternatively, equivalent years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prior billing and collections experience with a higher education institution is preferred. Prior supervisory experience desirable. A working knowledge of collections issues and practices applicable to higher education preferred.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere allegiance to the mission of the college.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
A brief cover letter
A written statement that describes his/her Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church