Job Summary: The Director of Student Aid is visionary leader responsible for the proper administration and coordination of all of the federal, state, institutional and outside funds designated for student financial aid. Duties also include the direct supervision of staff in the Office of Financial Aid.
Minimum Requirements: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and at least four years of directly related experience is required. Must have excellent customer service skills and written and oral communication skills. Must have a good working knowledge of commonly used Internet software, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook software. Must be able to learn PowerFaids and PowerCampus financial aid software systems quickly. Must possess the Competencies included in the job description to enable the employee to perform the Essential Duties and Responsibilities for the job. Must be at least 21 years old and maintain a valid Texas driver's license to drive any vehicle on behalf of the University.
Application Procedure: To be considered for this position, please submit the following:
a letter of application addressing in detail how you meet the position requirements,
unofficial transcripts, and
a completed HPU Employment Application (available at: hputx.edu/jobs) to:
Expectation and Condition of Employment - Howard Payne University, a church-related institution affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, seeks to employ evangelical Christians who are dedicated to teaching and service as they model the principles of the Christian faith and the University’s sincere religious beliefs.
The University is committed to the integration of learning and Christian faith in the pursuit of truth. Employees are expected to embrace the Christian mission statement and core values of the university and must support the university’s affirmation of traditional Christian and Baptist beliefs by leading lives of service through active involvement in Christian activities both on campus and through a local church.
Mission Statement - Howard Payne University is a Christ-centered academic community dedicated to excellence by developing and equipping the whole person for intellectual inquiry, personal and professional integrity, and service to God and humanity.
Core Values of Howard Payne University - Seeking to engage the life of the mind and the life of the Spirit, Howard Payne University affirms that:
• God is the loving creator of all th...ings and the author of all truth;
• Because God is the author of all truth, open inquiry is an act of intellect and of faith and is to be wholly embraced;
• Because open inquiry is an act of intellect and of faith, such efforts must proceed from rigorous academic standards and genuine commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord;
• For open inquiry to contain rigorous academic standards and genuine Christian commitment, there must be at all times a supportive learning environment that affirms human dignity for all as created in the image of God; and
• Committing oneself to the teachings of Jesus will result in Christ-centered, God-honoring and humanity-serving life choices characterized by honesty, integrity, healthy lifestyles and personal responsibility.
As a condition of employment, employees are paid by direct deposit. Your signature on this job description indicates your understanding and affirmation of the statements above.
Application Procedure: Submit an HPU Employment Application (available at: www.hputx.edu/jobs), a letter of application addressing in detail how you meet the position requirements, curriculum vita, unofficial transcripts and the names and contact information for three professional references to:
Mr. Bill Fishback
Associate Vice President for Business and Human Resources
Howard Payne University
1000 Fisk Avenue, Suite 210
Brownwood, TX 76801
Application Deadline: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.