Faculty Careers - Agricultural Science, Faculty Careers - Other
This full time tenure-track faculty position within the School of Christian Leadership at William Jessup University is responsible for quality preparation and delivery of course material in the fields of both Leadership and Ministry, academic program leadership, and participation in the initiatives of the Division. The start date for this position will be August 1, 2019.
Candidates may apply by sending a letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae, completed WJU Employment Application, a signed WJU Statement of Faith (Please visit: http://jessup.edu/employment/), a Statement of Integration in Faith and Learning is also required (i.e., demonstrates your faith and how you apply it to your teaching method), as well as a copy of your unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon employment), and a list of three references.
1. Serve as Lead Faculty for the MA in Leadership degree program;
2. Teach classes each semester (seven per year);
3. Teach in both graduate and undergraduate programs;
4. Support undergraduate Pastoral Ministry students;
5. Build and teach fully online courses as appropriate;
6. Conduct research in area of expertise;
7. Advise students on issues of curriculum, education, and professional goals;
8. Participate in regular meetings, planning, goal setting, assessment work, and University events;
9. Engage in professional development as appropriate to maintain expertise;
10. Present a sound Christian testimony with the ability to integrate faith and learning;
11. Subscribe to the University’s Statement of Faith;
12. Subscribe to the University’s Community Covenant and its Chapters.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The employee agrees to promote the values and mission of WJU as a private Christ-centered University and live a life consistent with Biblical principles. All employees of the University are expected to firmly support without reservations the William Jessup University doctrinal statement of personal Christian faith and Community Covenant and Chapters. Employee’s performance shall be assessed, in part, by meaningful progress in their Biblical spiritual formation role. This includes leading class devotions, leading a SFG (Spiritual Formation Group), or performing other duties consistent with Biblical spiritual formation role. The employee shall document their Biblical spiritual formation roles in partial fulfillment of the University Service requirements in their professional development and tenure evaluation processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The employee is regularly in a typical office environment with adequate light and moderate noise levels. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. Air-conditioned buildings; tile, concrete and carpeted floors; adjustable workstation with ergonomic keyboard is provided.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle files, computers, and phones; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. Frequent and regular repetitive movements required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
1. Completed terminal degree (required), in the area of Leadership;
2. Strong familiarity with leadership theories, principles, and literature;
3. Successful local church ministry and leadership experience;
4. Successful teaching experience in Christian higher education;
5. History of innovation, creativity, and effective communication;
6. Strong commitment to the Christian faith;
7. Current active engagement in a local church;
8. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Ability and willingness to work effectively with international students;
2. Ability to integrate Christian thought and values in all aspects of faculty life;
3. Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment;
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information;
5. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form;
6. Ability and willingness to work effectively with international students;
7. Willingness to build and teach fully online courses;
8. Ability to take initiative without direct supervision.
1. Ability to integrate Christian thought and values in all aspects;
2. Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment;
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information;
4. Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form;
5. Ability to take initiative without direct supervision
About William Jessup University
William Jessup University, a quality Christian University, is located in Rocklin, CA, at the base of the Sierra Foothills in Placer County and one of the fastest growing campuses in California. William Jessup University has experienced record enrollment and offers students academic excellence and rich learning communities at a state-of-the-art, award winning campus.
Founded in 1939 by William Jessup, the University moved to Rocklin, California, in August 2004. Jessup is a WSCUC-accredited private four-year university, located in the greater Sacramento area, offering degrees in many different disciplines, including Bible & Theology, Biology, Business, BS Business Administration (Online), Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Education/Liberal Studies, English, Environmental Science, Family & Children’s Ministry, History, Intercultural Studies, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Music, Pastoral Ministry, Psychology, Public Policy, Theater, Visual Arts and Youth Ministry. Jessup also has WASC-accredited master's programs: a Master's in Arts in Teaching, an online Master's in Leadership an MBA, MAEd and MA Psych (Counseling). Single-subject English and Math are also offered. Jessup also of...fers a School of Professional Studies (SPS) at its campuses in Rocklin and San Jose, with program concentrations in Business Administration, Christian Leadership and Counseling Psychology. For more information, please visit www.jessup.edu.