The Faculty and Natural and Applied Sciences Division invites applications from well-qualified candidates in Aviation. Strongest consideration will be given to candidates with knowledge and/or proven experience in program development in a University environment. The candidate selected will assist in the continued development and implementation of an Aviation Degree to include managing instruction, course development, faculty collaboration and assisting the Aviation Program Director in the coordination and application of curriculum and classroom management. A military background and a least a private pilot’s license is desirable.
Candidates may apply by sending a letter of intent, Curriculum Vitae, completed WJU Employment Application, a signed WJU Statement of Faith (Please visit: http://jessup.edu/employment/), a Statement of Integration in Faith and Learning is also required (i.e., demonstrates your faith and how you apply it to your teaching method), as well as a copy of your unofficial transcripts (official transcripts will be required upon employment), and a list of three references.
• Oversee and manage specific aviation program curriculum
• Ensure quality control of aviation school facilities, equipment, and personnel
• Advise students on course selection to stay on path towards graduation
• Monitors and updates curriculum as needed to link to learning outcomes
• Develop collaborations and protocols for acquiring international students
• Develop relations with various aviation groups for student aviation scholarships
• Market aviation program to military groups and other identities
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The employee agrees to promote the values and mission of WJU as a private Christ-centered University and live a life consistent with Biblical principles. All employees of the University are expected to firmly support without reservations the William Jessup University doctrinal statement of personal Christian faith and Community Covenant and Chapters. Employee’s performance shall be assessed, in part, by meaningful progress in their Biblical spiritual formation role. This includes leading class devotions, leading a SFG (Spiritual Formation Group), or performing other duties consistent with Biblical spiritual formation role. The employee shall document their Biblical spiritual formation roles in partial fulfillment of the University Service requirements in their professional development and tenure evaluation processes.
WORKING CONDITIONS: The employee is regularly in a typical office environment with adequate light and moderate noise levels. No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. Air-conditioned buildings; tile, concrete and carpeted floors; adjustable workstation with ergonomic keyboard is provided.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear and frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle files, computers, and phones; reach with hands and arms; stoop, and kneel. Frequent and regular repetitive movements required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Sound Christian testimony with the ability to integrate faith and learning
• Subscribe to the statement of faith for William Jessup University
• Subscribe to the community covenant for William Jessup University
• Master’s degree required (Aviation, Industrial, or Mechanical Technology Desirous) and at least 5 years active ATP experience (military included)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE
• Experience in working effectively with domestic and/or international students
• Leadership experience within the industry or university level.
SKILLS / ABILITIES
• Ability and willingness to work effectively with international students
• Willingness to build and teach fully online courses
• Ability to integrate Christian thought and values in all aspects.
• Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
• Ability to take initiative without direct supervision.
About William Jessup University
William Jessup University, a quality Christian University, is located in Rocklin, CA, at the base of the Sierra Foothills in Placer County and one of the fastest growing campuses in California. William Jessup University has experienced record enrollment and offers students academic excellence and rich learning communities at a state-of-the-art, award winning campus.
Founded in 1939 by William Jessup, the University moved to Rocklin, California, in August 2004. Jessup is a WSCUC-accredited private four-year university, located in the greater Sacramento area, offering degrees in many different disciplines, including Bible & Theology, Biology, Business, BS Business Administration (Online), Computer Science, Criminal Justice, Education/Liberal Studies, English, Environmental Science, Family & Children’s Ministry, History, Intercultural Studies, Kinesiology, Mathematics, Music, Pastoral Ministry, Psychology, Public Policy, Theater, Visual Arts and Youth Ministry. Jessup also has WASC-accredited master's programs: a Master's in Arts in Teaching, an online Master's in Leadership an MBA, MAEd and MA Psych (Counseling). Single-subject English and Math are also offered. Jessup also of...fers a School of Professional Studies (SPS) at its campuses in Rocklin and San Jose, with program concentrations in Business Administration, Christian Leadership and Counseling Psychology. For more information, please visit www.jessup.edu.