Cedarville University is seeking to hire a Director of Annual Giving to administer a comprehensive annual giving program that attracts dependable, renewable annual gift income. Thiis a full-time, twelve month, exempt position reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development.
• Sustain and grow the annual giving program, specifically raising support for Cedarville Fund, academics and athletics. Create, implement, and evaluate strategies to ensure maximum growth in annual giving as measured by growth in giving, growth in number of donors, and retention rates for both donors and gifts.
• Oversee the solicitation, stewardship, retention, and growth of President’s Society memberships ($1,000-$10,000 annually), with initial goal of sustaining 1,000 members. This includes managing a portfolio of assigned annual fund leadership donors.
• Supervise and administer solicitation initiatives including direct mail, e-marketing, Phonathon, and fundraising events. Integrate annual fund strategies into University or Division events as directed (e.g., Homecoming/Parents Weekend, Farmers Night, etc.). Coordinate projects with appropriate University personnel.
• Increase and maintain overall alumni giving rate. Results measured against ranking indicators for regional colleges in the Midwest. Coordinate alumni giving strategies with Executive Director of Alumni & Parent Relations.
• Recommend annual donors who are strong prospects for major gifts and planned giving.
• Be a significant contributor to the Advancement team and provide insight into the Division’s strategies and plans. Also, advising the VP of Advancement, AVP of Development, and other University personnel on matters related to annual donors.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required. Preferred fields of study include business, communications, management, or marketing. Cedarville graduate preferred.
• Ability to synthesize large amounts of information, evaluation options, and implement effective actions steps to accomplish objectives.
• Ability to manage complex tasks simultaneously, coordinate the roles of various participants in projects, set priorities and schedules, and meet deadlines with a minimum of supervision.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to facilitate mutual understanding and work effectively with a wide variety of people
• Proficiency in computing applications including e-mail, Windows, Word, Excel, and Internet navigation tools.
• An understanding of the entire development enterprise—particularly within an academic setting—and the ability to work within that framework desirable.
All official inquiries should be directed to Teresa Day, Director of Staffing Services. Applicants must agree with and be willing to abide by Cedarville University's doctrinal statement, community covenant, and general workplace standards.
This position is subject to the University's verification of credentials and other information required by law and Cedarville University policies, including the completion of a criminal history investigation. Cedarville University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
CEDARVILLE UNIVERSITY, located in Cedarville, Ohio, is an accredited Baptist university of arts, sciences, professional, and graduate programs. As a Christ-centered learning community, the University is equipping students for lifelong leadership and service through an education marked by excellence and grounded in biblical truth. Home to 3,300 Christian students, Cedarville is known for its commitment to biblical integration, spiritual formation, cultural engagement, academic quality, worldwide ministry, and student satisfaction. Recognized by U.S. News & World Report, The Princeton Review, and Peterson’s Competitive Colleges as one of the Midwest's best institutions, the University consistently achieves top rankings at national academic competitions. Founded in 1887, the University has invested more than $100 million in academic facilities to provide modern learning environments, updated networking and technology, and a fully wireless 400-acre campus. More than 100 programs of study are taught by 200 full-time Christian faculty members. For more information about the University, please visit www.cedarville.edu.
Except as provided below, qualified applicants are considered for a...ll positions, and employees are treated without regard to race, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability – if such disability may be accommodated without undue hardship.
The University, under various sections of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (as amended) and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (as amended), reserves the right to discriminate on the basis of religion, marital status or gender (with regard to certain positions) where approved job description for a position indicates that the determination relates to a bonafide occupational qualification reasonably necessary to the normal operation of that particular position, or where the job description can demonstrate that the University is unable to reasonably accommodate an employee's religious observance or practice without undue hardship in the conduct of that position's responsibilities and activities.