• The successful candidates will demonstrate vision and commitment; an ability to teach core social work courses as well as special electives in social work.
• Full- time faculty teaches an equivalent of a 9-credit hour course load per semester including advising students with 3- credit hour release time for administrative tasks needed for the program.
• Demonstrate teaching competence in Social Welfare Policy, Ethnic Diversity, Spirituality and Social Work, Ethics and Practice, and other general social work courses.
• Advise students in academic program and career objectives.
• Experience in social work field education as a field instructor or liaison is preferred.
• Serve as a spiritual model through Christian lifestyle.
A MSW from a CSWE-accredited program with two years full-time post-MSW employment in social work is required for appointment as an associate/ assistant professor.
Preference given to candidates with teaching experience at the university level.
Must be supportive of the ethos and doctrine of the Assemblies of God.
About University of Valley Forge
The University of Valley Forge is an accredited Christian University of Arts, Sciences and Professions on a beautiful 106-acre Chester County campus with more than 50 undergraduate majors, 8 graduate programs and dozens of credentialed and dedicated professors who are committed to the mission to prepare individuals for a life of service and leadership in the church and the world. The University of Valley Forge is located in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.
The University hereby affirms its commitment to equal employment opportunity for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, age, genetic information or status as a disabled veteran.