Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst (SBIA) is a core team member of the Business Intelligence team. This position will focus on developing reports and dashboards, providing technical support for the Enterprise Data Warehouse, and will contribute to the design of Dimensional Data Models and ETL (Extract Transform Load) in support of the Business Intelligence program. The SBIA is a highly interactive role requiring a combination of technical skill, communication, and innovation in order to successfully deliver Business Intelligence solutions to the University
The SBIA is responsible for maintaining an awareness of the organizations needs for Business Intelligence and works closely with the functional areas to gather requirements and translate the requirements into effective and actionable BI solutions. These solutions may include new or modified reports, dashboards, or the creation of additional data models within the Enterprise Data Warehouse as well as maintenance and creation of ETL jobs.
The SBIA role will require highly developed problem solving skills, programing knowledge and the ability to quickly adapt to changing requirements. The individual in the position needs to be comfortable dealing with ambiguity, complexity, and technical problems.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Preferred majors include Business Administration, Business Systems, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems or similar.
* 3 - 5 years of relevant experience with BI tools, report development and dashboard design and development, preferably in a higher education setting.
* Understanding and working experience with the star schema data model design methodology.
* Ability to analyze requirements and transform them from a business question/requirement form to actionable solutions.
* Ability to develop working specifications from vague and often changing requirements.
* Experience working with enterprise reporting tools.
* Advanced SQL experience in an Oracle Server environment preferred.
* Familiar with programming languages Java, Python, VBscript etc.
* Knowledge of IT systems in general and experience troubleshooting basic client and network issues.
* Ability to interpret a complex variety of technical instructions and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to clearly articulate and explain business processes and concepts.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Self-starter, ability to work independently, and ability to work with a diverse set of stakeholders.
* Demonstrated time management and priority setting skills.
The following technologies are typical of the context within which the SBIA will work, though this is not intended to be an exhaustive list. As such, the SBIA must have experience with, or be able to adapt quickly to these types of technologies.
* BI Analytics tools such as Oracle Business Intelligence and Tableau
* ETL Tools such as Oracle Data Integrator
* Oracle/PeopleSoft for Higher Education (Campus Solutions, HCM, Finance)
* PeopleTools 8.4 and higher.
* Oracle Database
* Integration technologies, XML and Web Services
* Reporting tools such as SQL, PS Query, etc.
* Productivity tools such as Microsoft Office and/or Google Docs
* Email tools such as Microsoft Outlook and/or GMail
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.