Summary: The Director of Conference Services is responsible for the development and coordination of revenue-producing facilities usage and related conferences, camps and events. This full time, hourly position reports to the Director of Retail and Auxiliary Revenue.
Personal Qualities: This person must be able to represent Montreat College in a professional and service-directed manner to multiple internal and external constituencies, must demonstrate a commitment to the mission of the college, be trustworthy, self-directed, flexible, able to work independently and with others, should communicate effectively and possess an aptitude for detail-oriented work.
- Market facilities to outside organization for conferences, camps, weddings and other events that are compatible with the college’s mission.
- Support, assist with development and planning, and coordinate implementation and delivery of new internal conferences and workshops
- Primary contact with Montreat Conference Center Staff for housing their summer conferees
- Coordinate use of Montreat College housing, educational, chapel and hospitality spaces through calendar management and assuring effective support services from dining, facilities and housekeeping
- Coordinate with athletic department staff the use of College housing and athletic facilities for outside groups and college sponsored sports camps and workshops
- Hire, train and supervise seasonal staff and Manor House manager for residence management and guest services
- Chapel of Prodigal docent program leader: conduct tours; recruit, train and supervise volunteer docents; coordinate marketing and promotion materials development and distribution
- McCall program liaison: assist McCall executive board, staff and faculty with program scheduling, registration, materials preparation
- Develop, maintain, and distribute occupancy, financial, and other reports related to performance of auxiliary services
- Develop and maintain effective room reservation and facilities and events booking system, including effective control of deposits and payments received§
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications/Expectations: A welcoming, service-oriented person with proficiency in MS Office, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook. Must be a good communicator who is highly organized, detail oriented, and an effective project manager. Candidates must support the College’s Christ-centered mission and faith statement.
- Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Application Process: Interested applicants are encouraged to email Jack Heinen at firstname.lastname@example.org with cover letter, resume, and faith statement.
About Montreat College:
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.