A liberal arts North American style Christian university located in Lithuania is seeking a new leader for the division of Community Life who is passionate about doing student affairs internationally. The Associate Dean of Students gives oversight to and develops the area of community life in order to meet the developmental needs of students and ensure their well-being. We seek an individual with experience in residence life and managing student conduct issues. Other qualities desired include a passion for student flourishing, an ability to relate well both individually and in groups of students, a creative team player, and a strategist who can see both big picture and details. We offer a unique international learning/working environment and opportunities to expand your intercultural and leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership and oversight for Community Life Department, setting its vision, tone, and goals
2. Provide support, supervision, evaluation and training of Resident Directors, Intercultural Education Coordinator, and Student Counselor
3. Manages student conduct cases through implementation of the restorative justice model
4. Take initiative in the development of policy and program development through participation with Student Life’s Management team.
5. Facilitate relevant educational/event programming in conjunction with Student Life staff to enrich student growth and development.
6. Represent students on the Committee on Academic Standing (CAS), Chair the Committee on Discipline (COD) and Crisis Management Team (CMT)
7. Recruit, in conjunction with the Vice President, professional staff.
8. Provide leadership to the Residence Life component of Summer Language Institute (SLI) in July.
• Residence Life & Student Housing - oversight of program and staff in order to provide a quality living-learning experience for students who live in LCC’s university housing
• Office of Intercultural Programs - oversight of program and staff in order to provide quality and comprehensive intercultural educational programming at LCC and within the Klaipeda community.
• Student Counselor – oversight of students care and early intervention in crises situations.