The Big Picture:
The Student Life Office is seeking a relationally focused, task oriented, and values driven Director of Student Recreation. In this position, you will provide oversight, direction, and programming for the Student Activities Center (SAC). The SAC includes a fitness center, intramural sports programs, rock climbing wall, and outdoor programming and gear rentals. The first year (2017-18) of this new position will focus on the creation and development of all aspects of the center, in preparation for the opening in Fall of 2018. While the center serves the entire George Fox community, you will have the opportunity to significantly impact the undergraduate student experience. Our promise is that every student at George Fox will Be Known. In our vibrant, Christ-centered community our strong sense of mission and purpose creates an opportunity for a flexible, dependable, self-starter, and energetic communicator to serve in this role. If you are strategic, understand the big picture but are detail oriented, and have a passion for creating a new vision and program within a rewarding and missions driven environment, we would encourage you to apply.
As the Director of Student Recreation, you will facilitate the development and daily operations of the Student Activities Center.
- Establish facility policies and a general procedures manual, including hours of operation, safety and security protocols, and liability and risk accession. Establish policies for various programs of the SAC, to ensure all SAC participants have a positive experience.
- Hire, train, and evaluate SAC student staff.
- Create and maintain positive and professional communication through various marketing strategies, including garnering the support and participation of the GFU student and professional community.
- Direct intramural sports program, evaluate current facility offerings, and plan implementation of programs and offerings with new and existing facilities, including a strategic initiative to involve the majority of undergraduate students in intramurals sports.
- Ensure proper planning, organization, training and implementation of all aspects related to the rock climbing wall and bouldering area. Establish connections and memberships with theNational Intramural-Recreational Sports Association (NIRSA) and other rock climbing organizations.
- Evaluate programmatic aspects, meet with student focus groups, and develop plans for facility usage.
- Create measurable outcomes for the SAC and establish the collection, analyzation, and reporting of data.
- Create and maintain the budget for all aspects of the center.
- By actions, words and lifestyle, be a Christian role model to students, whether through casual contact or in a formal advisory role.
- Work collaboratively with various departments such as ASC, Residence Life, Student Involvement, and Athletics, to ensure a mutually beneficial and seamless partnership for using the center and a positive enhancement of the co-curricular student experience.
- Assess, inventory and plan use of outdoor equipment rental program in conjunction with Residence Life.
- Facilitate the creation of wellness and fitness programs for students and employees.
- Provide leadership for the development and creation of an outdoor recreational program.