Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Assistant Director of Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services serves to provide leadership and the supervision of the student account counselors, at the same time counsels and directs students in regards to financial aid, federal loans, institutional aid, payment plan options, debt management and alternative loans within the Office of Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services. The primary focus of this position is to support Graduate and Professional SFS in meeting overall enrollment and revenue goals and at the same time ensure graduate and professional students have a clear understanding of the process of applying and accepting their financial aid.
* Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred.
* Four - Seven years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or financial aid environment. Previous financial aid experience is preferred.
* Two – Three years of professional experience with problem solving, team building and decision –making ability preferred.
* Demonstrated advancement in leadership roles. Previous financial aid/student account experience is required.
* Demonstrated ability to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and customer service.
* Experience using database systems and data to inform decisions.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Assists with leadership and supervision of the Graduate and Professional student account counselors within the office and is a part of the Graduate and Professional SFS Leadership Team.
* Stands in for the Associate Director and Director as needed.
* Assists with data related project management in the office. This includes running weekly/monthly reports containing credit/outstanding balance and outstanding checklists items and disseminates those to the team.
* Maintains and adheres to all FERPA regulations, federal, state and institutional guidelines and standards, complying with all federal, state and institutional financial aid regulations and following all Azusa Pacific University’s set standards.
* In collaboration with the Associate Director will assist in reducing overall accounts receivables by ensuring students have not only successfully been placed on payment plans, but are making on time payments at the same time supporting the university’s Graduate and Professional enrollment and revenue goals.
* Leads and supervises the Graduate and Professional student account counselors in the midst of ever-changing technology. This includes hiring, coaching, and providing professional development direction etc.
* Travels to and attends relevant industry related conferences to keep abreast of current financial aid trends.
* Serves as the primary departmental resource for customer service related issues.
* Collaborates with the Associate Director of Graduate and Professional SFS to seek opportunities for effectiveness and efficiency improvements.
* Leads the student account counselor team to bring exceptional customer service to all graduate and professional students, staff and academic departments, supporting university enrollment goals.
* Assists with functional tasks such as accurately and timely releases of excess funds to students.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Will support and maintain a program-based specific group of Graduate and Professional students.
* Required to work one of two commencement ceremonies within a calendar year.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.