Friends University is looking to fill the position of Dean for the College of Business, Arts, Science & Education in Wichita, KS. The Dean provides leadership to and directs the operational, financial, personnel, and planning activities of the College of Business, Arts, Science & Education.
- Lead College of Business, Arts, Science & Education personnel: Assistant Dean, Division Chairs, Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, and staff. Provide training to CBASE faculty to develop and maintain instructional excellence. Conduct research on and implement new academic initiatives. Evaluate current CBASE faculty and hire new faculty.
- Monitor quality of student experience in courses and programs in the College of Business, Arts, Science & Education. Conduct regular program reviews for all CBASE programs (academic quality, demonstrated student learning, fit with the University’s mission and strategic plans, value to the external community and financial viability).
- Act as the liaison between students and faculty within the college, and also between faculty and administration. Set academic policy and procedure for the College of Business, Arts, Science & Education.
- Supervise marketing activities in conjunction with the university marketing department.
- Maintain academic integrity and quality education in the College of Business, Arts, Science & Education personnel by articulating University policy and procedure to members of the college and university.
- Stewardship and Administration of academic resources. Plans and manages departmental budgets
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in various committees as indicated in faculty handbook.
- Supervisory responsibility over all staff in the CBASE college (assistant dean, division chair, faculty, advisors, clerical staff, and adjuncts).
Work hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. Additional evening and/or weekend hours may be required/requested.
Friends University, a Christian University of Quaker heritage, equips students to honor God and serve others by integrating their intellectual, spiritual and professional lives.
Friends University offers an excellent benefits package that includes generous vacation accruals, medical insurance, retirement match, and tuition remission.
Please visit our employment site at www.friends.edu/employment to apply. Only applications submitted through this Friends University website application process will be accepted.