Friends University invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor position in Cyber Defense to begin in fall 2017. This position is a tenure-track, ten-month appointment with major responsibility in the Cyber Defense and CIS programs.
EXPECTATIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching courses in cyber and CIS programs for adult and traditional undergraduate students in a program seeking the National Security Administration Center of Academic Excellence certification.
- Provide guidance for how the institutional implements its CD security plan through security awareness training and tutorials, user acknowledgement/agreements and online assistance; and good security practice guidance.
- Develop and maintain Cyber Security and Cyber Defense courses and curriculum.
- Work with other instructors to ensure the academic needs of the students are met.
- Participation in appointed committee assignments, student academic advising, recruitment activities, and retain students within the College of Graduate and Professional Studies.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY & THE COMMUNITY
Friends University offers a complement of traditional undergraduate majors, non-traditional adult degree-completion programs, and professional graduate programs. Founded in 1898, the University is situated on a beautiful park-like campus in the heart of Wichita, Kansas. Wichita is a vibrant urban city with all the charms of a small town. Our great community offers something for everyone and is rich in arts, education, leisure, and commercial resources.
Friends University seeks to hire faculty who will embrace our mission and celebrate our commitment to equipping students to honor God in their personal, professional, and spiritual lives by adhering to the University’s RISE Core Values (Respect, Inclusion, Service and Excellence). The mission of the University is:
Friends University, a Christian University of Quaker heritage, equips students to honor God and serve others by integrating their intellectual, spiritual and professional lives.
Please visit our employment site at www.friends.edu/employment to apply. Only applications submitted through this Friends University website application process will be accepted.