Location: Montreat, NC
Start Date: April 2017
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Summary: Develop and maintain relations with Alumni, Parents and Churches.
- Demonstrate and articulate a personal Christian faith
- Exhibit like-mindedness with Montreat College’s Christ-Centered Mission, Vision, and Values.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required for this position.
- Demonstrated success in program management with college or university alumni programs desirable.
- Ability to work effectively with college personnel, volunteers, and constituents.
- Ability to develop strategies and manage budgets.
- Highly relational with excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to approach problems with creativity, insight and resourcefulness.
- Ability to provide enthusiastic leadership to wide range of constituents.
- Willingness to travel.
- Flexible, with a strong team mentality.
- Develop and maintain relations with alumni that lead to promotion of the mission, vision, values, objectives, and faith statement of the College with prayer, time and talents, financial resources, and recruitment and retention of students.
- Engage alumni through communications, personal interaction, online social media outlets or groups, and events to increase alumni participation as donors
- Benchmark with similar institutions and identify best practices to continually connect with and engage alumni in the most effective way.
- Create and track alumni giving, alumni prospects and other data points necessary to build a robust alumni donor base
- Identify and manage a portfolio of alumni prospects for major gift cultivation
- Plan, coordinate, and supervise Homecoming and Family Weekend.
- Work closely with the Alumni Leadership Council to carry out its purpose as stated in the Alumni Association Bylaws.
- Visit Alumni in their home to update them on the college and show appreciation to alumni donors.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with parents of current and former students that lead to philanthropic giving to Montreat College.
- Communicate with parents to inform, educate and engage them throughout their student's academic career at Montreat College and to help them become appropriate partners in the education process.
- Create and track parent giving, parent prospects and other data points necessary to build a robust parent donor base
- Recruit and manage a Parents Council that meets twice a year to broaden their understanding of the college, its mission, vision and academic programs with the purpose of seeking their advice and financial support.
- Develop and maintain meaningful relationships with churches and para-church organizations to enhance student recruitment and financial giving.
- Develop appropriate partnerships with ministries of like vision, mission and core values.
- Serve as the Advancement Team’s liaison with the College’s Chaplain and the Bible and Religion Department.
- Create and track church giving, church prospects and other data points necessary to build a robust church donor base
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement
Education: Bachelor Degree Required
Supervision: Reports to VP for Advancement
Send resume and statement of Christian faith to:
Interim Vice President for Advancement
P.O. Box 1267
Montreat, NC 28757
Or email to: email@example.com
About Montreat College:
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.