Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Administrative Assistant will provide confidential administrative support to the Director and Assistant Director of Dining Services. Responsible for the day-to-day administrative functions and various projects and tasks of Dining Services departments.
* Associates Degree preferred, or equivalent experience in administrative support or related field.
* 5 + years of proven work experience in an administrative support capacity with in-depth understanding of office management and daily operations.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Provides general administrative support for the Director and Assistant Director and the entire Dining Services Department.
* Works with the management of each of the Dining Services departments.
* Interfaces professionally with all internal and external campus constituencies.
* Effectively implements various communication tools, coordinate meetings, prepares and distributes pre-meeting materials, manages calendars, travel arrangements, and performs a variety of duties with a high degree of confidentiality, discretion, and judgment.
* Records minutes of the Extended Cabinet meetings and other meetings as directed.
* Audits the department monthly credit card statements to assure accurate information is submitted.
* Manages comprehensive office organizational systems, including creation and use of various department forms, documentation of hard copy filing systems, and efficiency of online data recordkeeping.
* Ensures that all employees are informed about training opportunities.
* Manage inventory of all office supplies, while monitoring budget allocation for these items.
* Aids in all aspects of new employee hiring for Dining Services and maintains procedures to facilitate the execution of the necessary paperwork and confidential documentation to complete the hiring process.
* Oversees, manages, and edits department Policies and Procedure.
* Maintains compliance with APU mission, vision, positional statements and other policies and procedures.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Performs other duties related to job description as assigned by the Supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.