Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Director of Design and Construction is responsible for the management of facilities planning and construction processes as well as deferred maintenance budgeting and management. This includes responsibility and oversight of functions and activities assigned to the department as well as the implementation of all construction, renovation, safety and environmental projects in order to provide a safe, comfortable and attractive University environment.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
* Master’s degree preferred.
* Eight to ten years of management experience in major construction projects.
* University planning experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Manages all new construction and tenant improvement activities of the university.
* Develops and maintains campus construction standards.
* Guide capital projects efficiently and effectively through required approval processes, ensuring regulatory compliance while minimizing costs and risk to the University.
* Provide leadership for all phases of the capital planning and project delivery process, (i.e., scope, feasibility, programming, schematic design, design development, construction documents, construction, move in and close out).
* Coordinates all construction architects, consultants, engineers and general contractors employed by Facilities Management for planning or construction services.
* Designs and develops campus master floor and space plans on electronic media.
* Oversees the management of all blueprints, plans and permits for all Azusa campus owned buildings.
* Responsible for developing and delineating space planning and space utilization scenarios for project planning and programmatic space utilization changes on campus.
* Coordinates all construction activities with Maintenance Services, Landscape Services, and Custodial Services.
* Oversee the planning, development, purchasing, and overall management of University furniture
* Responsible for determining that the university complies with the appropriate codes, regulations and laws dealing with fire, life safety, building, hazardous materials.
* Coordinates planning and construction services with all university departments as required.
* Oversees the development of building Renewal and Replacement project budget and develops a master plan for implementation of projects in coordination with Operations and the Space Committee.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Performs other related position duties as directed by the Associate Vice President of Facilities Management.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.