Position summary: Responsible for supervising and administering activities of a University residence hall. Duties include training of residence hall staff, administering housing program in residence hall, management of student conduct and discipline, counseling, and housekeeping functions. Full-time, 10+ month, live-in position. The usual position term is late July to early June.
- Strong ability to create good will with staff, faculty, parents, and students; servant attitude.
Strong relational abilities; goal oriented; ability to confidently make decisions, even unpopular ones.
Commitment to the Articles of Faith, Mission, and Objectives of the University; and desires to be a role model for students by demonstrating an active Christian faith in personal example and in work related responsibilities.
- Invests in the lives of residents on an individual and group basis encouraging holistic growth, shares everyday life with students.
- Sets goals, objectives and manages available resources to achieve objectives, without need for frequent follow up.
- Recruits, selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates student residence hall staff.
- Manages residence hall, including supervising opening and closing of hall, checking students in and out, managing room change requests, processing maintenance requests.
- Promotes Student Life Program in residence hall, including developing a positive Christ-like atmosphere conducive to spiritual and educational development of residents; facilitating development of programs that meet intellectual, spiritual, emotional, occupational, physical, and social needs of students; and providing leadership and guidance for Residence Hall Association.
- Confronts violations of University rules and regulations and takes appropriate disciplinary action, including assessing fines and/or reporting to higher authority.
- Participates in Title IX investigations involving students.
- Manages allotted budget in conjunction with Dean of Students.
- Coordinates activities with other university departments and offices in a professional manner
- An additional responsibility may include working with commuter/off campus students or assisting in the management of the campus housing process.
- Teaches with a team in the Student Leadership Class in the spring semester.
- Other duties as assigned.