Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This position specializes in the timely and accurate processing and maintenance of admissions related data and documents inside the university student information system. This role supports university enrollment by synchronously updating student records as inquiries and applicants progress through the admissions lifecycle. Other functions of this position are to assist the Director and other Data Processing Specialists with special projects and data audits.
* High School Diploma; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
* Two years of general office experience with a working knowledge of database systems and Microsoft Office Products.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Processing applications and inquiries
* Create and maintain new application files and inquires in the university student information system.
* Receive and track new admissions documents and update application checklists.
* Prepare files and ensure data accuracy and file integrity for academic department reviews.
* Responsible for generating and sending admissions related printed communications to students.
* Responsible for managing applicant records, degree choices, and admission status changes for all student files.
* Request and process all internal transcripts for alumni applicants from APU registrars’ offices.
* Work with the university cashier to process and log application fees.
* Provide customer service and support to the Program Representatives’ data needs regarding applicants and inquiries.
* Ensure proper file preparation, delivery and upload into the university document imaging system.
* Verify accurate data migration between technical systems and conduct data cleanup when necessary.
* Assist with the training and oversight of student employees.
* Conduct periodic audits and quality control assessments on admissions data and applicant files.
* Assisting the Director
* Complete daily tasks and special projects for the Director as assigned.
* General Office Responsibilities
* Help with mail processing and photocopying as needed.
* Assist Program Representatives with concerns and questions.
* Answer incoming phone calls and emails.
* Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.