Monitor compliance with all rules and regulatory requirements related to federal, state and institutional financial aid concerning term-based, nonterm and nonstandard term based aid delivery. Assist with the implementation of financial aid processes and systems. Monitor and check staff processing for compliance related areas. Oversee and assist with training for all financial aid staff. Maintain and enhance on-going Quality Assurance program to ensure compliance integrity. Support the efforts of the Associate Vice President for Financial Aid.
Associate Vice President for Financial Aid
Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Research regulatory guidance from a variety of sources including the US Department of Education, states and professional associations and communicate relevant information to affected parties throughout campus.
- Monitor University compliance with all applicable rules and regulatory requirements related to Federal Title IV, State based and institutional aid funds.
- Extensive annual audit preparation and to be primary contact for audit reviews.
- Prepare answers for and lead recurring training meetings for staff.
- Assess compliance of staff processing procedures through file review and process monitoring.
- Maintain and enhance the financial aid policies and procedures manual annually.
- Assist the AVP for Financial Aid in providing leadership regarding Title IV compliance.
- Monitor, review and contribute to continuing and new staff training needs.
- Assist AVP and Directors of Financial Aid in implementing financial aid projects and processes.
- Conduct training at internal and external department meetings as requested and/or as needed.
- Maintain membership in and attendance at training opportunities offered by professional organizations to keep current with applicable regulations.
- Represent the Financial Aid Departments in a variety of meetings on and off campus.
- Review and ensure the university properly addresses any unofficial student withdrawals each term.
- Maintain IWU’s student financial assistance consumer information webpage content.
- Ensure that monthly Direct Loan and other funding reconciliation and reporting needs are met.
According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Minimum 3 years of financial aid experience.
- Thorough knowledge of both term and non-term federal aid programs and rules strongly preferred.
- Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in written form to both individuals and groups.
- Comfort in leading large group presentations and discussions.
- Valid driver’s license with ability to travel to campus locations in and out of state.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. In addition, nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time.
Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to equal opportunity in employment and maintaining a work environment free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. Accordingly, the University affords equal opportunity to all employees and prospective employees without regard to race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
These have access to all the rights, privileges, and programs generally made available to employees at the University. It does not discriminate in the administration of its policies, programs, nor during any phase of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment.
As an educational institution operating under The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University reserves and exercises its privileges under applicable law to prefer employees on the basis of religion and who are best suited to its religious purpose.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer