Warner Pacific College’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts College dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Summary Description: Warner Pacific College is seeking a connected, forward-thinking, creative leader who is inspired by the opportunity to reimagine how the Department of Business will empower diverse and socially conscious graduates prepared to lead in the private sector. Warner Pacific recognizes a unique opportunity to work alongside business leaders in the region to develop a diverse talent pipeline prepared to meet business needs in the community. Our successful candidate will be one who is passionate about acquiring knowledge that drives business through thoughtful and ethical practice. The successful candidate will have entrepreneurial experience, passion to work with diverse students, and find energy in developing a faculty team demonstrating enthusiasm in the classroom and a commitment to an external engagement as Warner Pacific participates in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing local, regional, and global businesses environment.
The Dean of Business reports to the Academic Vice President and is responsible for state approval and administration of the business programs at Warner Pacific College, which includes majors in Social Entrepreneurship, Business Administration, Health Care Administration, and a Masters of Management. The College is developing an MBA and is planning to develop a program in Information Science that aligns with tech businesses and their needs in the Portland region. The Dean holds academic rank as an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor.
The successful candidate must present strong evidence of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the position, which include, but are not limited to:
- Provide innovative, strategic, and collaborative leadership of the undergraduate/graduate business programs.
- Keep current on developments and research in business/technology education and facilitate relevant trainings for faculty.
- Engage faculty in continuous program evaluation to measure and increase effectiveness.
- Develop continually improve and maintain a system of assessment of student progress.
- Facilitate student information needs, respond to student issues, and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Oversee compliance with all requirements of the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education and other accrediting agencies.
- Represent Warner Pacific College business programs at professional association meetings.
- Supervise department staff.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with business in the metro area specifically giving attention to diverse business and entrepreneurial contacts and companies.
- Conduct empirical research related to business.
- Work collegially with faculty, staff and students.
- Understand and positively promote the college’s mission, core themes, vision and values.
- Teach courses related to business, advise and supervise faculty, and teach other courses within areas of expertise, to include any of the following:
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Finance and Accounting
- Organization and Leadership
- Health Care Administration
- Other areas of exceptional expertise capable of contributing to the growth and development of Warner Pacific’s program.
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Participate in Warner Pacific College professional development opportunities.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the College and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Be inclusive and sensitive in terms of human relations and human differences, in regard to areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.