Warner Pacific College’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal arts College dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific College’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific College is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. In the fall of 2016, more than 57% of our traditional students were racially or ethnically diverse. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Director of Admission is responsible for managing and directing the day-to-day operations of the traditional admissions department, directly supervises the admissions staff and actively participates as an admissions team member calling on and enrolling new students.
This role is responsible to develop and implement recruitment and marketing plans, publications and advertising campaigns. Prepare and manage the department budget. Develop and implement strategies, in collaboration with academic departments, to attract students to build under-subscribed majors.
This position requires strong leadership and management skills, along with the ability to motivate, mentor and coach admissions team members. The right candidate must be willing to roll up their sleeves and lead the team by example.
- In collaboration with the Vice President for Enrollment and Marketing (VPEM), develop and implement a strategic recruitment plan to ensure the College’s enrollment goals are met.
- Analyze and interpret historical and current data, seeking trends and identifying areas for growth, change and further investigation/research.
- Advise and inform the VPEM in regards to key indicators in the data and provide insight for determining short and long term institutional goals.
- Supervise the Admissions staff, which currently consists of: an Associate Director, three Enrollment Counselors and the Enrollment Office and Visit Coordinator.
- Develop and manage the annual budget for the Traditional Admission Office.
- Coordinate and evaluate admissions events and strategies including program effectiveness, assess outcomes, determine cost analyses, and develop improved programming to achieve enrollment goals.
- Advise students and families of admission requirements, transfer guidelines, financial aid and scholarship information, student standards and lifestyle agreement, residence life, etc.
- Review admission applications and evaluate credentials. Work with the Admissions Review Committee to assess admission decisions.
- Develop plans and strategies for effective working relationships with other college departments, both administrative and academic.
- Recruit students in line with the College goals – including travel, personal interviews, correspondence and telephone communication.
- Be present in the office on a daily basis (unless arrangements are made with the employee’s direct supervisor.)
- Abide by NACAC and NACCAP Principles of Good PracticeContribute to the support and implementation of the College Strategic Plan.
- Participate in Warner Pacific College professional development opportunities.
- Adhere to College policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to a Christian liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the College and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
- Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.