The Administrative Assistant to the President will assist the President in the daily operation of the office. This highly visible position must demonstrate upmost professionalism, exercise common courtesy, accuracy, and strive to maintain a cooperative relationship with trustees, faculty, staff, students and visitors. The Administrative Assistant to the President must have awareness regarding the principles of equality, respect, and individual and collective responsibility. This individual will perform a variety of administrative duties that require independent judgment, diplomacy, sensitivity and strict confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain all relevant information, files, and documents, create reports and perform daily administrative tasks such as answering the phone, and any other activities which may arise to ensure successful operation of the President’s Office.
- Prepare correspondence and other communications from the President’s Office.
- Track expenses, invoices, and records related to purchases and travel and assist with other matters of financial management in the President’s Office.
- Maintain the calendar, schedule, and travel arrangements of the President.
- Serve as a key contact for the President’s Office.
- Conduct research, compile and type reports, and complete transcription of projects and assignments.
- Coordinate and arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and record meeting notes and minutes.
- Assist with special projects and events.
- This position demands accuracy, honesty, integrity and the ability to work with the Christian mission of Campbell University.
- Requires attendance at events within, as well as outside of, the University setting.
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.