The role of Database Administration of Oracle Relational Database Management Systems includes planning, analysis, coordination, support and maintenance of ERP systems such as Ellucian Banner and all components of the Unified Digital Campus (UDC) technologies such as: Banner XE, ESM, Degreeworks, ODS, EDW, Workflow, BDMS / XtenderSolutions, UC4, Touchnet, BEP, eTranscripts, and any other applications.
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle based technologies including Oracle Database, Oracle Warehouse builder, Oracle Fusion Middleware, Weblogic Server, Tomcat, and any required technologies in support of Banner and Banner components. Additional duties include and are not limited to the implementation and configuration of application components within those Banner Technologies.
- Develop and implement the backup, recovery, and cloning of all databases.
- Database and application installation and maintenance according to established best practices.
- Proactively monitor and optimize system performance.
- Act as a technical advisor to provide detailed planning information to project coordinators to assist in planning of service requests, implementation steps, corrective actions, upgrade recommendations and optimization steps.
- Script and/or automate common repeatable tasks across the spectrum of supported products and technologies.
- Thoroughly document processes, procedures, and administration information for all clients and products that you are supporting.
- Create, maintain and refresh required Oracle instances/databases for development, test and production environments.
- In conjunction with systems administrators, establish and manage data security environment.
- Provide assistance to application group in complex SQL or data retrieval projects.
- Define and manage data standards for UNWSP.
- Work cooperatively with all teams: application development, systems admin, support.
Because our community is a significant part of our mission and the development of our students, all employees act as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ by actively partnering with colleagues of the University to disciple students to help grow intellectually and spiritually and partner with Northwestern Media to lead people to Christ and nurture believers to mature in their faith.