Providence University College invites applications for a full-time, continuing track faculty position in Music at the rank of Assistant Professor. The application period will remain open until the position is filled. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, preference will be given to Canadian citizens or landed immigrants.
The successful candidate will have:
- A PhD in Music from an accredited university (ABD in a PhD program may be considered);
- Some experience in teaching at the undergraduate level, with potential for excellence in doing so;
- An ability to teach introductory music courses as well as mid and upper level courses in some of the following areas: Music History, Music Appreciation, Jazz, Rock and Roll, Folk, Worship Music, Choral Music, Music of the World, Music Ensembles, and Performance Studies;
- Evidence of the potential to be a strong mentor and advisor to students majoring in music;
- A record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- An ability to work with students, faculty, and staff in a collegial environment;
- An ability to integrate Christian faith and learning, and a commitment to doing so.
Providence University College is a Christ-centred University College in the evangelical tradition with a vision to be identified among Canada’s foremost Christian universities as a learning community that transforms students into leaders of character, knowledge, and faith. Its mission is to educate students at a university level to think, live, and serve effectively in the church and society in a changing world. Therefore, the successful candidate will also
- be fully supportive of the PUC mission and philosophy of education;
- subscribe without reservation to the PUC Covenant of Faith;
- live within the PUC Covenant of Community Life.
Further information about Providence University College may be found at
Applications should be submitted to:
Karen Sunabacka, PhD
Associate Professor of Music Theory and Composition
Providence University College
10 College Crescent
Otterburne, Manitoba, Canada, R0A 1G0
Phone: (204) 433-7488 ext.271