The Vice President for Information Technology (VPIT) exercises leadership in assembling, developing, supervising, and evaluating a team of information professionals and support personnel in order to facilitate planning, research, acquisition, configuration, implementation, maintenance and security of information technology systems that support the business and academic processes for both Columbia International University and Ben Lippen School.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, select, develop, supervise and evaluate a team of information technology professionals and support personnel.
- Engage in ongoing proactive assessment of all current informational systems to evaluate functionality, efficiency, integrity, cost-effectiveness and integration.
- Work with executive team, peers and subordinates to develop an annual budget that realistically optimizes reliability of educational technology, IT systems, and connectivity/productivity tools.
- Facilitate procurement and monitor vendor agreements within appropriate protocols.
- Work with executive team members, department heads, deans, support staff and appropriate standing committees to develop and implement policies governing acquisition/procurement, configuration, operational integrity, and security of information technology systems, and connectivity/productivity tools to advance institutional effectiveness.
- Supervise the development of web components to facilitate the functionality and accessibility of database information to internal and external users.
- Oversee the process of data mining to inform the decision making processes of the administrative and executive functions of the institution.
- Work through Digital Marketing Channels such as Social Media, Search Engine Marketing, and Search Engine Optimization in order to generate leads for student recruitment and expand the CIU community.