Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
This person will have two areas of oversight: (1) support of the Executive Director for the Institute of Health Research (IHR) and (2) indirect/direct support of IHR faculty research project development and implementation. The percentage of time devoted to these two areas will flex based upon the amount and nature of IHR administrative need compared to faculty research support needs. The institute and research project director will contribute to the vision of the IHR and oversee operations as assigned. This includes coordinating and scheduling of IHR administrative staff and student worker assignments.
Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
Experience in one of the two areas of responsibility is required. Additional on the job training will be provided.
Duties / Functions in Support of the Institute of Health Research / IHR Executive Director
Duties in support of the day-to-day IHR operations
* Contribute to and oversee day-to-day operations of the IHR
* Assign and support IHR Administrative Assistant to complete IHR tasks/activities
* Interact with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate successful institute functions
* Develop business plans that include a strategy for launching new activities, timelines, budgets, and potential funding models
* Support the IHR Executive Director in developing and maintaining policy and procedure protocols
* Work with the grant manager to ensure principal investigator adherence to project timelines, commitments, budgets, and status reports
* Develop and manage relationships with partner organizations and resource experts
* Work with building manager to ensure a research sensitive and secure environment including storage of research faculty project equipment.
* Work with the APU SON Budget Manager to ensure and document equipment and appliance routine maintenance inspection and service
* Oversee hiring, work assignment, and supervision of IHR research assistants, teaching assistants, and student workers
* Identify and contribute to IHR quality improvement activities
* Assist with special needs or events for the IHR
* Perform other duties as assigned by the IHR executive director
* Oversee maintenance and use of the Biomedical Research Laboratory
* Duties / Functions in Direct / Indirect Support of IHR Faculty Research Project Development / Implementation /direct support of IHR faculty research project development and implementation
* Direct/indirect support to IHR Research Faculty proposal development, project implementation activities, and related assignments are determined by faculty statement of need and consideration by the IHR executive director of current institute needs and resources with input from the IHR project manager.
* Track research projects from proposal development to close out reporting
* Assign research assistants, teaching assistants, and student workers to support faculty research development and implementation efforts
* IRB Applications
* Assign or assist faculty in completing, amending, and routing for signatures the Institutional Review Board (IRB) research application under the instruction of the principal investigator, according to the rules and procedures outlined in the Azusa Pacific University Institutional Review Board Handbook for the current year.
* Monitors the Institute and Faculty PI budget and expenditures.
* Prepare budget binders including receipts, invoices, reimbursement forms, accounting documents and other files which track the expenses incurred by the Institute.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/