Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Program Manager for the Undergraduate Nursing Program will manage department activities, as well as special projects, for the undergraduate program under the direction of the Department Chair. The program manager will work closely with the Department Chair in an effort to manage the administrative responsibilities of the UG Program.
Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree required.
Four to six years general office experience; educational setting preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Provide administrative support for the Chair of the Undergraduate Program (UG).
* Oversee coordination, preparation and maintenance of undergraduate course materials and correspondence for undergraduate Chair and faculty as assigned.
* Develop and maintain electronic copies of materials related to SON undergraduate FAQ sheets, event flyers, checklists, and the undergraduate website as assigned.
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the staff supervisor based on department needs.
* Coordinates interview scheduling for UG adjunct faculty with Chair or designee.
* Manage the annual revision of the UG Student guidebook.
* Record, distribute and maintain minutes for Baccalaureate Council meetings, as well as SON committees and undergraduate sub-committee and small group meetings as assigned.
* Participate as a member of the SON accreditation committee contributing to the development, distribution, data collection and evaluation of the SON annual surveys as they pertain to the Undergraduate Program, including the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), National Institute of Health (NSF), the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN), WASC, student and Alumni Surveys.
* Assist with the development, data collection and maintenance of UG School of Nursing reports for accrediting agencies as needed.
* Assist faculty in the day-to-day administrative tasks related to the provision of student learning; including course material preparation, obtaining text desk copies and files, coordinating student contacts/meetings and student reference requests as needed.
* Work with the Chair or faculty designee in the hiring, scheduling, and assigning of Educational Mentors to mentoring and other SON UG projects.
* Assist the Chair or faculty designee in the pre-departure, in-country, re-entry and alumni programming and research.
* Maintain a current SON undergraduate calendar of events.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Chair or staff supervisor.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.