Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
Reports directly to the Dean of the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences and is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the school. Serves as the Dean’s confidential assistant and liaison with chairs, directors, staff, students, internal and external constituencies. Collaborates closely with the associate dean, department chairs, program directors and staff.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
Five + years of administrative assistant experience; higher education experience preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions
* Serves as confidential assistant to the Dean and Associate Dean.
* Coordinates the dean’s calendar managing appointments, meetings and scheduling arrangements.
* Coordinates the administrative operations of the school, providing the dean with routine and special reports, documents, agendas and other pertinences.
* Monitors budgets, distributes funds, and maintains detailed internal tracking for the dean.
* Prepares board report draft for the dean including establishing due dates for department submissions and maintaining faculty scholarship updates.
* Manages the coordinating of the final interviews, documents, and hiring process of fulltime and adjunct faculty for the school.
* Works closely with the school’s eight departments and their chairs, staff and faculty.
* Develops and implements best practices in the dean’s office and school.
* Schedules and organizes annual all-school meetings, functions and events.
* Maintains and assists the school in compliances to university standards, policies, and procedures.
* Supports dean in the development and oversight of the school’s facilities and space.
* Records minutes of the monthly BAS Leadership meetings and Expanded Leadership meetings.
* Receives and tracks faculty workload schedules, entering data into Activity Insight and internal spreadsheet; ensures overload forms are processed accurately, tracks school’s adherence under the Faculty Handbook.
* Leads monthly staff meetings providing updates, direction, professional development and teambuilding.
* Supervises administrative assistant in the dean’s office.
* Updates and ensures school’s website pages including faculty profiles and departmental data is current.
* Performs other duties related to the job description and as requested by the dean and associate dean.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.