Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Program Representative serves as a representative of Azusa Pacific University to assist prospective students through the inquiry, application and enrollment process. Primary focus of this position is to provide excellent customer service to prospective students and to recruit those prospective students into one of APU's bachelor degree completion programs or graduate programs.
Bachelor's Degree required; master's degree preferred.
Two - Three years of professional experience working with people in a customer service and/or recruiting/sales environment. Previous admissions experience is preferred.
* Serves as the primary point of contact and customer service representative to prospective students and applicants providing consistent, accurate and timely information in order to sell APU’s program offerings via phone, email and mail correspondence.
* Meets identified enrollment goals to include inquiry to applicant, applicant to admitted and admitted to enrolled yield goals which directly relate to tuition revenue generation and impact the financial health of the university.
* Schedule, promote and lead individual and group information meetings for assigned degree programs for prospective students in order to answer questions, accept applications for admission, and secure student commitments to start a program in a selected term.
* Create and maintain good working relationships with other higher education institutions in order to promote APU’s programs; visit these institutions on a regular basis (including Graduate and Adult student recruiting events) to meet with students and touch base with the institution personnel for the purpose of marketing APU’s programs and find new ways to connect with prospective students.
* Serves as a primary business developer in order to create and maintain relationships with non-education institutions and targeted businesses in the community in order to recruit students for APU degree programs from those organizations.
* Works in conjunction with the department chair, program director, other faculty, and support staff to continually develop relationships to ensure prospective students enroll in the appropriate APU degree program to meet their education and career objectives.
* Provides basic financial aid information to prospective students and connects them with the proper SFS staff member.
* Provides input for university marketing efforts for degree programs that is based on current trends and forecasted changes in higher education.
* Utilizes the Azusa Pacific University student database system to run weekly roster reports and to daily document student contact interactions.
* Prepares and maintains weekly inquiry and applicant reports.
* Regular evening and occasional weekend hours are required.
* Periodically represents APU at various national conferences or other events as directed.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the executive director, director and/or associate/assistant director
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
Click below to discover some of the many benefits APU employees enjoy including competitive health care options, an 8% retirement match, and a generous tuition discount.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.