Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Doctoral degree in Education or related field completed or in progress required.
- Preference given for doctoral degree emphasis in Gifted Education.
- Evidence of successful P-12 teaching experience.
- University level teaching and administrative experience preferred.
- Online and hybrid teaching experience preferred.
- Rank and faculty status dependent upon qualifications;
- Knowledge of current research, practice and models in teacher preparation and gifted education.
- Familiarity with integration of technology in education.
- A personal commitment to the Christian faith and to the integration of faith and learning.
- Demonstrated awareness and commitment to effectively establishing relationships and positive communications across multiple dimensions of diversity including, but not limited to race, gender, physical limitations, class or religious perspectives are required.
- A commitment to the educational mission of Whitworth as a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Presbyterian church.
- Background check and education verification required.
Application Process The following documents are required to complete the online application form at www.whitworth.edu/jobs:
- A letter of interest that relates your education and experience to the required qualifications of the position.
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of three or more professional references.
- Your graduate and undergraduate transcripts (may be unofficial at this time)
- Three recent student course evaluations (if available).
Please direct questions about the application process to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please direct questions about the position to the search committee chair, Dr. Barbara Sanders at email@example.com .
About the Spokane area Spokane Washington with a population of about 200,000 is located on the Spokane River west of the Rocky Mountain foothills in eastern Washington State. The region enjoys four seasons with the associated outdoor activities (mountain biking, climbing, swimming, boating, snowmobiling, skiing, etc.). Spokane is within 4-5 hours of three major national parks (Mt Rainier, North Cascades, Glacier) and the Canadian Rockies. The city of Spokane is large enough to have a thriving downtown area with a riverfront park yet small enough to avoid the heavy traffic associated with larger cities. Whitworth is close to the Mead school district which is one of the top elementary school districts in the nation. In addition, Spokane has excellent health care facilities, and other top educational institutions close by. For more information on Spokane please visit http://www.movetospokane.com/
Whitworth complies with all federal, state, and local nondiscrimination laws that are applicable to religious nonprofit institutions and does not engage in unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, or disability. With our commitment to building a diverse community, the university encourages applications from populations underrepresented at Whitworth including members of racial/ethnic communities, women, and persons with disabilities.