KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- Possess a faith and commitment to Jesus Christ
- Be a highly motivated self-starter
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor and presentation in dealing with the College constituency
- Be experienced in Learning Management Systems and electronic media and knowledge of how to best educate pertinent individuals regarding the use of such
- Demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced learning technologies
- Possess ability to speak to audiences in a coherent and professional manner
- Possess excellent organizational, interpersonal, and writing skills
- Demonstrate effective time management for multi-tasking daily functions
- Demonstrate empathy for student life issues and an understanding of the specific needs and learning styles of adult students
- Possess strong problem-solving skills coupled with appropriate instinct and timely initiative
- Hold a master's degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least 18 graduate credits in an academic discipline
- Have at least two years of experience teaching or working in an online environment
- Have at least three years of supervisory/management experience with a track record of successful leadership
- Have proven ability to inspire and motivate others
- Possess business acumen and an understanding of planning, budgets, and institutional operations
- Have experience hiring, training, and developing personnel
This position requires performing tasks related to office work. Such tasks require sitting, standing, walking and carrying light loads (books, displays, presentations).
The evaluation of the performance of this position will be based on the ability to meet the requirements of the duties and tasks outlined above.
The criteria for evaluation of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- The ability to fulfill position description requirements as listed above in a timely and effective manner,
- The ability to self-motivate and achieve set goals, and
- The ability to work cooperatively with all personnel and departments in the College
The job duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements delineated above should not be interpreted as an all-inclusive list of same. Additional duties, responsibilities, functions, and requirements may be assigned as deemed appropriate. The College reserves the right to change or reassign job duties, responsibilities, and functions, or combine positions at any time. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the College. Position descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The College maintains its status as an at-will employer.
To apply for this position, please visit http://www.bluefield.edu/employment/ to complete the electronic faculty employment application and upload the following:
- Letter of interest
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Christian Faith
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Three letters of reference
Hard copy application materials may be sent to Ann Looney, Director of Academic Programs at Bluefield College, 3000 College Avenue, Bluefield, VA 24605, email@example.com.
Additional information about Bluefield College is available at www.bluefield.edu.
To be considered for this position, all application requirements listed above must be completed.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, military service or genetic information in its employment.