Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelors, masters and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running. The university provides outstanding opportunities for staff in advancement, professional growth, and Christian ministry. APU seeks staff who model excellence in their discipline and have a clear and compelling understanding of their faith and Christian commitment.
For staff positions, please apply directly at: http://apustaffjobs.silkroad.com
The Athletic Trainer will lead community group walks and aerobics classes for the Azusa Walks and Let’s Start at the Very Beginning program through the Neighborhood Wellness Center. The Athletic Trainer will be available for exercise and physical activity related consultation and support.
Athletic training certification preferred.
Bilingual skills and athletic training certification preferred.
Primary Duties/Essential Functions:
* Leads Community Walks
* Instructs various aerobics classes
* Consults with clients on topics of fitness, exercise, and wellness
* Regular, punctual attendance as required by the supervisor based on department needs.
* Responsible for daily electronic timekeeping as it applies to the scope of this position.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to manage details and follow through.
* Must be collaborative and an effective team member and team builder.
In agreement with the purpose and goals of Azusa Pacific University in providing a Christian-based higher education for its students.
* Requires walking long distances and taking part in various aerobic exercise activities
* Hearing and speaking on the telephone.
* Meetings may require walking and/or driving to various University locations.
* Ability to pull, push, bend, grasp, reach and lift up to 20 lbs.
* Must be able to climb stairs multiple times in a work day.
Computer monitor and reading.
* Pleasant office setting, comfortable temperature.
* Outdoor and indoor exercise areas including but not limited to sidewalks, gymnasiums, and pools.
Proficient in Google Apps., Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
Azusa Pacific University will conduct a background check on all final candidates.
You can learn more about APU by watching the stories of faculty, staff, and alumni as they carry out our mission here: http://www.apu.edu/stories/
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled unless otherwise stated. Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.