Belhaven University, a Christian university committed to the ministry of integrating biblical truth and learning, is searching for the ideal candidate for Curriculum Designer who has a heart for Christ Jesus and students at the Jackson, Mississippi campus.
The Curriculum Designer will be responsible for maintaining the progress and completion of curriculum development projects for assigned departments or programs. This includes directing contracted developers with the formation of academic courses from start to finish. The Curriculum Designer is responsible for reviewing all development materials to ensure that they comply with the University’s high standard of excellence. A friendly and cooperative spirit is important as interaction with faculty, staff, and developers is essential for the position.
Applicants must have a master’s degree in curriculum/instructional design or a related field. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential. The ability to manage multiple complex assignments with sensitivity to deadlines and priorities is necessary. Applicants should have advanced knowledge of most Microsoft Office programs, be detail-oriented, have excellent interpersonal skills, and have a problem-solving attitude. Applicants must be able to fully support the University vision, mission and statement of faith and contribute to the spiritual and academic fellowship of the University.
Compensation and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University supplements major medical insurance. A 403b retirement plan is available for eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars with Belhaven University matching up to 8% of annual salary.
- Letter of intent, including explanation of your interest in Christian higher education, and how your background fulfills each of the Responsibilities and Qualifications described above
- Please prepare a brief account (no more than 750 words) of your spiritual pilgrimage including the time and circumstances surrounding your becoming a believer in Christ, your current relationship with Christ and describe your personal faith in a non-creedal form. Please click on this link - http://www.belhaven.edu/belhaven/employment_pdfs/LetterOfEmploymentCommitment.pdf - to review Belhaven University's Commitment Statement including our employee expectations. Should you receive a job offer you will be asked to sign accepting this commitment.
- Describe how you are active currently in a local church
- Names of four references (including your local pastor) - please provide phone numbers, addresses and nature of relationship
- Official transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate)
- List any licenses or certifications
Send to: Lori Farmer, Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President and Provost at firstname.lastname@example.org