Supervises all aspects of registration, enrollment, transcript production, enrollment verification, and front-counter customer service in the Office of the Registrar.
- actively participates as a member of the Registrar’s Office leadership team
- supervises, hires, trains, & evaluates the Registration staff: Registration Assistants, Document Services Coordinator, Enrollment Reporting Specialist, and several student workers
- plans, coordinates, & oversees all university registration and enrollment processes, both online and in-person
-responsible for Title IV compliance reporting to the U.S. Department of Education
- supervises the processing and fulfillment of all university transcript requests, enrollment and degree verifications
- supervises registration activity for undergraduate & graduate off-campus and special programs
- creates all academic terms and registration controls in Banner
- serves as liaison between the Registrar’s office and the Admissions, Bursar, and Accounting offices in relation to registration and billing student accounts
- ensures that front counter business processes and registration activity support department compliance efforts
- regularly reviews business processes for consistency and compliance with university policies, identifying opportunities for service improvements & operational efficiencies
- maintains a lifestyle in consonance with sound Christian principles
- participates in the spiritual growth, development, care, & support of staff
- performs other duties as assigned
Reports to: Dean of Academic Records & University Registrar
Supervision of others: Lead Registration Assistant, Registration Assistant, Document Services Coordinator, Enrollment Reporting Specialist, and several student workers
General: Detail oriented, excellent customer service skills, university experience especially within a Registrar’s Office; Ellucian/Banner ERP experience preferred.
Holds personal theological beliefs that are in agreement with the Biola Doctrinal Statement. Maintain a lifestyle consistent with sound Christian principles and standards of conduct promulgated by the institution.
Biola University's Doctrinal Statement remains the foundational document regarding the theological position of the University. Biola's position from its inception has been and remains Christian, Protestant and theologically conservative. Prospective and existing employees must affirm that their personal theological beliefs are in agreement with the Biola Doctrinal Statement. A prospective or an ex...isting employee's church affiliation will be considered in determining his or her understanding of and compliance with Biola's theological position.
All positions at Biola University require applicants to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment. This includes a review of any pending charges or convictions. Once a conditional offer of employment is extended, Biola utilizes the services of HireRight, a third-party agency, to conduct a criminal background check. Biola also reserves the right to expand the search if applicable for the position (e.g., a Department of Transportation search for positions that require driving).