The College of Arts and Sciences at North Park University seeks applications for a full-time tenure-track position in of the Department of Physics and Engineering at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor to begin in January 2018. Spurred by growth in the new Mechanical Engineering program launched in 2017, the department is seeking a candidate that will contribute to the development of the program as it seeks ABET accreditation.
The successful candidate will teach three courses per semester in engineering or general physics based on their qualifications and needs of the department. Additional responsibilities include advising and mentoring undergraduate students, implementation of a scholarly agenda, and participation in university wide service. Rank and salary are commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering or a related field.
· Commitment to undergraduate education that focuses on relationships with industry.
· Evidence of a professional practice of engineering.
· Possess a clear understanding of and personal commitment to North Park University’s mission of Christian higher education.
· Licensure as a Professional Engineer.
· Experience in the areas of product design, mechanics, materials, or controls.
· Active participation in industry organizations.
Effective Date: 2018 (Nine month position)
In order to be considered for this position, please send a cover letter, curriculum vitae, 3 letters of recommendation, statement of teaching philosophy, and unofficial transcript to:
Dr. Stephen Ray, PhD, PE, LEED AP – Search Chair
North Park University
3225 W. Foster Ave, Box 57
Chicago, IL 60625
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled with full consideration of those who apply by November 1st.
About North Park:
Founded in 1891, North Park University is a Christian university of over 3,200 students from around the country and world. The institution is owned by the Evangelical Covenant Church and seeks applicants for employment with a personal commitment to ethnic diversity, the city, and our mission of Christian higher education. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage underrepresented groups to apply.