This position will recruit prospective students for enrollment in the Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in School Counseling and other program/endorsement areas for the School of Education, accurately answering program-related questions for new prospects and assisting prospects with the application process.
This position is measured on performance of overall objectives and goals set by the Dean of Admission.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Execute marketing and recruiting activities for Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Arts in School Counseling, and others as assigned.
· Work with the Dean of Admission and Academic Program Directors to develop and implement a strategic enrollment plan and facilitate enrollment goals for designated programs.
· Participate in the development of publicity materials including letters, brochures and fliers.
· Develop and maintain community and organizational relationships that will assist in the program development and recruitment of students; connect Northwest Christian University with schools, organizations, service organizations, and businesses for the purpose of recruiting students; develop and maintain relationships within target markets.
· Travel to various cities/locations to recruit students and make presentations to/at businesses, organizations, service organizations, career fairs, conferences, and schools; participate in employment and college fairs; answer questions regarding the admission process and the University; make travel and lodging arrangements as necessary.
· Cultivate and maintain relationships with key professional groups in the target market.
· Coordinate campus events pertaining to recruitment efforts and associated strategy.
· Work in conjunction with Academic Program Chairs and School of Education & Counseling in recruitment efforts.
· Generate inquiries and applications; identify, recruit, meet with, and respond to questions or concerns of prospective students; review database daily for prospective student inquiries.
· Make calls to prospective students and inform them about program; make, receive and respond to various prospective student correspondence; respond to inquiries regarding financial aid, admissions process and related matters.
· Coordinate and conduct campus visits when needed or appropriate.
· Prepare and maintain records and reports related to assigned activities.
· Operate a computer and other office equipment as assigned.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
Experience and Qualification Requirements:
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in Education or related field and demonstrated success in sales, recruiting, or admissions.
Knowledge of/Experience With
Effective one-on-one and small group oral communication skills
Strong professional writing skills
Proficiency in database entry and effective daily task tracking
Demonstrated experience in independent task management while meeting accountability standards
Proven ability to meet individual goal requirements while working in a team environment
Competency in the Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Receive and make calls to Prospective Students and inform them about program offerings
Review database daily for Prospective Student inquiries
Mailings to Prospective Students in the database
Work Education/Career Fairs
Conduct and assist with Information Sessions
Networking functions as assigned
Ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment is very helpful
Some overnight and day travel will be required
Other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Special Requirements:
NCU employees must have a maturing Christian Faith and be supporting of NCU’s mission to develop competent, ethical leaders for service in the workplace, community, Church and world.
The position requires a strong commitment to multiculturalism and diversity.
The position requires working in a non-smoking, drug free environment.
The employee must adhere to FERPA guidelines and student confidentiality at all times.
The employee must have high personal motivation, with great attention to detail and accuracy, project a positive and vibrant attitude in assisting people, and have high ethics of honesty and confidentiality with a genuine and gracious presence pertaining to the students, faculty, staff and business of the department and the University.
The employee must be able drive a vehicle and possess (or have the ability to attain) an Oregon Drivers License.
The position may require lifting up to 25 lbs, as well as bending, stooping, kneeling for the purposes of event set up and organization.
Position will require daily and occasional overnight travel throughout the region in conjunction with varied working hours including evenings and weekends.
Northwest Christian University is a Christian, private, liberal-arts, comprehensive university closely affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and the Christian Churches/Churches of Christ – approximately fifteen percent of students are from these two church bodies. Northwest Christian University also has an ecumenical interest and offers its resources to students and congregati...ons of many church traditions. These students are affiliated with denominational and non-denominational groups, such as Presbyterian, Baptist, Methodist, Foursquare, Lutheran, Nazarene, Episcopal, Assembly of God, Catholic, and Community Churches. The University was founded in 1895 and is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. Located in the city of Eugene, Oregon – population 145,000 (one hour from the Coast, one hour from the Cascade Mountains, ninety minutes south of Portland). Northwest Christian University enrolls an undergraduate and graduate student body of 750+ students (200 residential). Northwest Christian University was most recently ranked by U.S. News and World Report fifteenth overall among forty comprehensive Colleges in the Western Region.