Dallas Baptist University, a comprehensive Christian university, invites applications for a Technology Services Librarian position.
1) Serving as liaison between library and automated system vendor;
2) Using cataloging processes such as MARC format, RDA, AACR2R, OCLC searching, etc.;
3) Taking a leadership role in implementing and supporting a wide range of technologies and systems;
4) Collaborating with Information Technology on the technology needs and requirements of the Library;
5) Working closely with IT and library staff to bring quality service to users;
6) Participating in faculty activities. Rotating weekend and night reference duty required.
This position will be on a twelve month contract. Appointment of faculty rank and salary will depend on experience and qualifications.
Candidates must meet the following qualifications:
1) ALA-accredited Master of Library Science or Master of Library and Information Science degree;
2) Dedicated Christian servant leader;
3) Active member of a local Baptist church;
4) Committed to quality and excellence.
Candidates should submit a resume along with a cover letter to: Mr. Scott Jeffries, Interim Library Director, Library, Dallas Baptist University, 3000 Mountain Creek Parkway, Dallas, Texas 75211-9211. Applicants may email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com ; 214-333-5211.
Dallas Baptist University is a comprehensive Christ-centered university dedicated to producing servant leaders through the integration of faith and learning. With an enrollment of over 5,100 students and its main campus located in the foothills of southwest Dallas, and academic centers located in Colleyville and Plano, DBU offers 73 undergraduate majors, 31 master’s degrees in a variety of fields..., more than 50 dual master’s degree programs, and two doctoral programs—a Ph.D. in Leadership Studies and Ed.D. in Educational Leadership. DBU provides nationally recognized programs in adult education and online education. More information about DBU can be found at www.dbu.edu or by calling 800-460-1DBU or 214-333-5360.