Belhaven University, a Christian university committed to the ministry of integrating biblical truth and learning, is searching for the ideal candidate for a full-time, tenure track position in the Department of Sports Administration who has a heart for Christ Jesus and students at the Jackson campus.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate and graduate classes in traditional and online formats, faculty advising, and curriculum development for undergraduate and graduate classes in traditional and online formats. Some additional responsibilities might be required in the oversight of student internships, as well as administrative duties pertaining to accreditation issues.
Ph.D required, in Sports Administration/Management discipline or a related field. Field experience in Sports Administration is preferred. MBA is a plus.
Compensation and rank are commensurate with qualifications and experience. The University supplements major medical insurance. A 403b retirement plan is available for eligible employees to contribute pre-tax dollars with Belhaven University matching up to 8% of annual salary.
- Letter of intent, including explanation of your interest in Christian higher education, and how your background fulfills each of the Responsibilities and Qualifications described above
- Three to four paragraph statement of how you would integrate the Biblical worldview into all instructional content
- Describe your personal faith in a non-creedal form
- Describe how you are active currently in a local church
- Names of four references (including your local pastor) - please provide phone numbers, addresses and nature of relationship
- Transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate)
- List any licenses or certifications
SEND TO: Lori Farmer, Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President and Provost - Email: lfarmer@Belhaven.edu